Why gaps in my meny in IE?

Stan McCann

Get rid of the tables, transitional[1] doctype, inline styles, ...

Very nice layout scheme; do it with modern methods and you'll have a
very nice site.

I didn't try it in IE. You're probably running into some of the box
model bugs. IE sets margins differently than other browsers making it
difficult for developers. Your best fight against these bugs is to use
valid strict HTML and stick mostly to CSS 1. As you learn what works
and what doesn't, begin using some CSS 2.1.

greg

Stan said:

Get rid of the tables, transitional[1] doctype, inline styles, ...

Very nice layout scheme; do it with modern methods and you'll have a
very nice site.

I didn't try it in IE. You're probably running into some of the box
model bugs. IE sets margins differently than other browsers making it
difficult for developers. Your best fight against these bugs is to use
valid strict HTML and stick mostly to CSS 1. As you learn what works
and what doesn't, begin using some CSS 2.1.

Thank you. Yes... I'm working towards css, for start I'll do footer and
header in css, middle table will remain as a table at this moment.

Thanks for hints.