Why gaps in my meny in IE?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by greg, Jan 28, 2006.

  1. greg

    greg Guest

    greg, Jan 28, 2006

  2. greg

    Els Guest

    greg wrote:

    > http://www.satorimusic.com/test.htm
    >
    > In FF works great, in IE I have stranhe gaps in menu.
    >
    > Help please....
    >
    > TIA...

    Try add this to your stylesheet:
    a img{
    display:block;

    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Now playing: Camel - Echoes
    Els, Jan 28, 2006

  3. greg

    greg Guest

    Els wrote:
    > greg wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.satorimusic.com/test.htm
    >>
    >> In FF works great, in IE I have stranhe gaps in menu.
    >>
    >> Help please....
    >>
    >> TIA...

    > Try add this to your stylesheet:
    > a img{
    > display:block;
    > }

    Many thanks. It worked! (Of course!)

    Gotta do it in css, I know.

    ;)
    greg, Jan 28, 2006
  4. greg

    Stan McCann Guest

    greg <> wrote in news:43dabe26$0$18589$5a62ac22
    @per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au:

    > http://www.satorimusic.com/test.htm

    Get rid of the tables, transitional[1] doctype, inline styles, ...

    Very nice layout scheme; do it with modern methods and you'll have a
    very nice site.

    I didn't try it in IE. You're probably running into some of the box
    model bugs. IE sets margins differently than other browsers making it
    difficult for developers. Your best fight against these bugs is to use
    valid strict HTML and stick mostly to CSS 1. As you learn what works
    and what doesn't, begin using some CSS 2.1.

    http://alamo.nmsu.edu/ There are 10 kinds of people.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.
    Stan McCann, Jan 28, 2006
  5. greg

    greg Guest

    Stan McCann wrote:
    > greg <> wrote in news:43dabe26$0$18589$5a62ac22
    > @per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au:
    >
    >> http://www.satorimusic.com/test.htm

    > Get rid of the tables, transitional[1] doctype, inline styles, ...
    >
    > Very nice layout scheme; do it with modern methods and you'll have a
    > very nice site.
    >
    > I didn't try it in IE. You're probably running into some of the box
    > model bugs. IE sets margins differently than other browsers making it
    > difficult for developers. Your best fight against these bugs is to use
    > valid strict HTML and stick mostly to CSS 1. As you learn what works
    > and what doesn't, begin using some CSS 2.1.

    Thank you. Yes... I'm working towards css, for start I'll do footer and
    header in css, middle table will remain as a table at this moment.

    Thanks for hints.
    greg, Jan 29, 2006