Why global themes are stored at 2 location in 2005.

archana

Hi all,

I have just using dot net studio 2005.

I am careating one theme. Here global themse are getting stored at 2
location.

\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<version>\ASP.NETClientFiles\Themes.

Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\<version>\Themes for IIS web
sites.

Why is it so?

thanks in advance.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> \Microsoft.NET\Framework\<version>\ASP.NETClientFiles\Themes.

!> Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\<version>\Themes for IIS web sites.

Neither of those locations are usable by your applications.

The correct directory for Themes is an App_Themes
subdirectory of your application's home directory.

Check out this reference :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ykzx33wh(VS.80).aspx

For general information and more examples, see :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/705sff8d(VS.80).aspx

For sample developer code from a peer, see :
http://www.dotnettreats.com/tools/Default.aspx

See an online preview of the download contents at :
http://www.dotnettreats.com/SampleThemes/Default.aspx
Click on any of the Themes in the left column to see the variety.