why here is a static parameter used?

Ron Natalie

BruceWho said:
I found code like
this(http://www.yangsky.com/products/trafgo/SDK/index.htm):

__declspec(dllexport) void tgSetBreakdownOverlapRate(static double
rate, const int nCh)

the parameter rate is defined as static? I have never seen a parameter
declared as static. Could anybody tell me why static is used here?
I have no idea. It's not valid C++ and in four major versions of
Visual Studio I've never encountered it as an extension. VS2005
certainly gives an diagnostic for the parameter having a "bad storage
class.