why i could not receive email from this mail group?

Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email: send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could understand what i say.

Jens Thoms Toerring

q said:
Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email:
send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could
understand what i say.

This isn't a mailing list, this is a usenet newsgroup. It doesn't
work via email, you have to follow it using a proper newsreader
via a usenet provider (or use some web based interface like
Google groups).
Regards, Jens

Rich Webb

Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email: send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could understand what i say.

You will need to contact someone at GoogleGroups (?) or the Geo
Discussion Forum (?) with this question.

This is a Usenet group for which some providers provide gateway
services. Any email functions are strictly within their control as
Usenet groups, as such, have no capability for that.

Keith Thompson

Rich Webb said:
You will need to contact someone at GoogleGroups (?) or the Geo
Discussion Forum (?) with this question.

This is a Usenet group for which some providers provide gateway
services. Any email functions are strictly within their control as
Usenet groups, as such, have no capability for that.

How would contacting someone at Google Groups be helpful? This is a
Usenet newsgroup, and it's existed far longer than Google has. Google
Groups merely provides (clumsy) interface to it.

James Kuyper

How would contacting someone at Google Groups be helpful? This is a
Usenet newsgroup, and it's existed far longer than Google has. Google
Groups merely provides (clumsy) interface to it.

Part of that interface is the option to deliver it to the user through
e-mail.

Rich Webb

How would contacting someone at Google Groups be helpful?

Well, if he reads the group over at Google Groups ...
This is a
Usenet newsgroup, and it's existed far longer than Google has. Google
Groups merely provides (clumsy) interface to it.

Feh. I've got nose hairs older than this group. ;-)

Lew Pitcher

[snip]
This is a
Usenet newsgroup, and it's existed far longer than Google has. Google
Groups merely provides (clumsy) interface to it.

Feh. I've got nose hairs older than this group. ;-)

Ahhhh.....
We've been meaning to talk to you about that....

;-)

在 2012å¹´4月22日星期日UTC+8下åˆ9æ—¶36分48秒,Jens Thoms Toerring写é“:
This isn't a mailing list, this is a usenet newsgroup. It doesn't
work via email, you have to follow it using a proper newsreader
via a usenet provider (or use some web based interface like
Google groups).
Regards, Jens
I also could regard it as a mailing list

[...]

we could regard it as a mailing list, and i also could receive emails from other mailing list.

Thomas Richter

在 2012å¹´4月22日星期日UTC+8下åˆ9æ—¶36分48秒,Jens Thoms Toerring写é“:
I also could regard it as a mailing list

Your experience shows otherwise. No, this is not a mailing list, and
usenet works technically different from a mailing list. If someone
provides a mail interface to this group, it is the problem of this
"someone" if this service does not work as expected, and nobody here
would be able to help.

Otherwise, you need a news reader to read a newsgroup. Thunderbird
includes one, for example, to follow this newsgroup through its native
interface.