  1. q

    q Guest

    Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email: send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could understand what i say.

    q, Apr 22, 2012

  2. q <> wrote:
    > Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email:
    > send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could
    > understand what i say.

    This isn't a mailing list, this is a usenet newsgroup. It doesn't
    work via email, you have to follow it using a proper newsreader
    via a usenet provider (or use some web based interface like
    Google groups).
    Regards, Jens
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___

    Jens Thoms Toerring, Apr 22, 2012

  3. q

    Rich Webb Guest

    On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 06:23:42 -0700 (PDT), q <> wrote:

    >Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email: send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could understand what i say.

    You will need to contact someone at GoogleGroups (?) or the Geo
    Discussion Forum (?) with this question.

    This is a Usenet group for which some providers provide gateway
    services. Any email functions are strictly within their control as
    Usenet groups, as such, have no capability for that.

    --
    Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

    Rich Webb, Apr 22, 2012
  4. Rich Webb <> writes:
    > On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 06:23:42 -0700 (PDT), q <> wrote:
    >
    >>Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set
    >>Email: send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i
    >>hope u could understand what i say.

    > You will need to contact someone at GoogleGroups (?) or the Geo
    > Discussion Forum (?) with this question.
    >
    > This is a Usenet group for which some providers provide gateway
    > services. Any email functions are strictly within their control as
    > Usenet groups, as such, have no capability for that.

    How would contacting someone at Google Groups be helpful? This is a
    Usenet newsgroup, and it's existed far longer than Google has. Google
    Groups merely provides (clumsy) interface to it.

    Will write code for food.

    Keith Thompson, Apr 22, 2012
  5. q

    James Kuyper Guest

    On 04/22/2012 03:00 PM, Keith Thompson wrote:
    > Rich Webb <> writes:
    >> On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 06:23:42 -0700 (PDT), q <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set
    >>> Email: send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i
    >>> hope u could understand what i say.

    >> You will need to contact someone at GoogleGroups (?) or the Geo
    >> Discussion Forum (?) with this question.
    >>
    >> This is a Usenet group for which some providers provide gateway
    >> services. Any email functions are strictly within their control as
    >> Usenet groups, as such, have no capability for that.

    > How would contacting someone at Google Groups be helpful? This is a
    > Usenet newsgroup, and it's existed far longer than Google has. Google
    > Groups merely provides (clumsy) interface to it.

    Part of that interface is the option to deliver it to the user through
    e-mail.
    --
    James Kuyper

    James Kuyper, Apr 22, 2012
  6. q

    Rich Webb Guest

    On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:00:28 -0700, Keith Thompson <>
    wrote:

    >Rich Webb <> writes:
    >> On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 06:23:42 -0700 (PDT), q <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set
    >>>Email: send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i
    >>>hope u could understand what i say.

    >> You will need to contact someone at GoogleGroups (?) or the Geo
    >> Discussion Forum (?) with this question.
    >>
    >> This is a Usenet group for which some providers provide gateway
    >> services. Any email functions are strictly within their control as
    >> Usenet groups, as such, have no capability for that.

    >How would contacting someone at Google Groups be helpful?

    Well, if he reads the group over at Google Groups ...

    > This is a
    >Usenet newsgroup, and it's existed far longer than Google has. Google
    >Groups merely provides (clumsy) interface to it.

    Feh. I've got nose hairs older than this group. ;-)

    --
    Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

    Rich Webb, Apr 22, 2012
  7. q

    Lew Pitcher Guest

    On Sunday 22 April 2012 18:19, in comp.lang.c,
    wrote:

    > On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:00:28 -0700, Keith Thompson <>
    > wrote:

    [snip]
    >> This is a
    >>Usenet newsgroup, and it's existed far longer than Google has. Google
    >>Groups merely provides (clumsy) interface to it.

    > Feh. I've got nose hairs older than this group. ;-)

    Ahhhh.....
    We've been meaning to talk to you about that....

    ;-)
    --
    Lew Pitcher

    Lew Pitcher, Apr 22, 2012
  8. q

    q Guest

    在 2012å¹´4月22日星期日UTC+8下åˆ9æ—¶36分48秒,Jens Thoms Toerring写é“:

    q, Apr 23, 2012
  9. On 23.04.2012 06:56, q wrote:
    > 在 2012å¹´4月22日星期日UTC+8下åˆ9æ—¶36分48秒,Jens Thoms Toerring写é“:
    >> q<> wrote:
    >>> Why have never receive email from this mail group although i have set Email:
    >>> send each message to me as it arrives.My english is poor, i hope u could
    >>> understand what i say.

    >> This isn't a mailing list, this is a usenet newsgroup. It doesn't
    >> work via email, you have to follow it using a proper newsreader
    >> via a usenet provider (or use some web based interface like
    >> Google groups).
    >> Regards, Jens
    >> --
    >> \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___

    provides a mail interface to this group, it is the problem of this
    "someone" if this service does not work as expected, and nobody here
    would be able to help.

    Otherwise, you need a news reader to read a newsgroup. Thunderbird
    includes one, for example, to follow this newsgroup through its native
    interface.

    Thomas Richter, Apr 23, 2012