    Any help.

    Thanks.

    David
    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQ=?=, Aug 17, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQ=?=

    Andrea Zani Guest

    david <> ha scritto:
    > When I compile a window form client for web service, there is error
    > message
    > as follows:
    > Program
    > 'D:\usr\winVBcontrol\WinClient4WebServiceFileCS\obj\Debug\WinClient4WebServiceFileCS.exe'
    > does not have an entry point defined
    >
    > Notice: I create a solution (perhaps for VB). In the sulotion, I
    > created win
    > form clients for web service with VB in a window form VB project and
    > they
    > worked fine. Now the current one is developed in a C# project under
    > this
    > solution. Does it cause the error message?
    >
    > Any help.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > David

    The VB entry point is the "nameclass" method.

    --
    AZ [Microsoft - .NET MVP]
    Mia Home page: http://ciclismo.sitiasp.it
    Andrea Zani, Aug 17, 2005

  3. Does the Form have a Main() method defined? This is the entry point.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Paranoia is just a state of mind.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 17, 2005
  4. The window form client and service are developed by Visual Studio .NET.
    Usually, I do not need to take care of it. The IDE generate what you need.

    I do not find a main() method in the class source code.

    David

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQ=?=, Aug 17, 2005
  5. For VB form, I can not find the method in the source. But there is a
    initialization method. My problem is the C# form.

    David

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQ=?=, Aug 17, 2005
  6. Thank for both of you.

    I have figured it out.

    The cause is what I said in my notice above. That is, I mix C# project with
    VB solution in development.

    David

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQ=?=, Aug 17, 2005
  7. > Usually, I do not need to take care of it. The IDE generate what you need.

    > I do not find a main() method in the class source code.

    There's your problem. Depending upon the context, the IDE may or may not
    include the Main() function in a C# Windows.Form. C# requires a bit more
    understanding and control on the part of the programmer. VB.Net still tends
    to hide some things, and "take care of them" for you. Still, you can control
    these things in a VB.Net project when you need to. You just have to know how
    to find them.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 18, 2005