Why I remain signed on (auth/authorization)?

dee

When i sign on using

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="LogIn.aspx"/>
</authentication>

My login code is:

If MyCheckPassword(name, pwd) Then
FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(name, True)
End If

So far so good. What happens is that once I have signed in I remain signed
in even cross application restarts. How can I set the authorization cookie
to expire with e.g., session expiration?

Also, I have all cookies disabled in my browser. How does the authorization
cookie get set anyway? This a different kind of cookie?

Thanks much.
Dee

dee

Thanks a lot Brock.
That solves my problem. I'm still wondering how ASP.NET manages to use
cookies to accomplish the siging process while I have disabled cookies
completey in IE.

Brock Allen

Not sure without seeing your setup, but I'd guess that you've not really
disabled cookies in IE? *shrug*

dee

I have, in the Pricay tab of IE's Options, set "Block All Cookies".
I tried to test this with FireFox. Running under localhost FireFox presents
me with a windows logon popup asking for my windows account logon ( and
ignoring <authentication mode="Forms">. Then when I go to restriced page it
doesnt even ask for login and gives me the page. Bypassing the whole thing!

dee

Brock you were right.
Local intranet sites that includes localhost are probably treated specially
by IE.
Thanks :)