Why is creating a simple component with Netbeans IDE fails with an exception

Andre Arpin

Hi

steps:
using a mounted sub-directory named TESTING

Template: In the Explorer, select the TESTING node and choose File New "Java
Gui Form" Bean Form. click next
Target Location: In Name enter TargetName. click next
Basic Class definition: Superclass select javx.swing.JComponent. click
finish

Why do you get an exception :
Cannot determine form type (javax.swing.JComponent)
Please make sure the class is a JavaBean
The form cannot be opened.

I am trying to build a component similar to a JLabel which is a JavaBean
derived directly from a JComponent.

Which step is missing or am I completly out to lunch.

Thanks in advance

Andre