    Default Content page list.

    Do you have any idea why I do have to manually add default.aspx?

    Regards.
    Gaetan, Feb 14, 2006

  2. Default.aspx should be listed as *one* of IIS's default web documents,
    if aspnet_regiis ran -which it should have as part of the .Net Framework setup-
    provided IIS was installed previous to the .Net Framework having been installed.

    What won't happen is that default.aspx be installed as *the* default document,
    since IIS doesn't know what you want the default document to be.

    You will have to go into the IIS Manager for your website,
    and manually move default.aspx to the top of the priorities list.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 14, 2006

  3. Gaetan

    Gaetan Guest

    based on your input, could it be that aspnet_regiis has not been run because i installed
    the components inthe following order:

    - Windows 2003 Server w/SP1
    - Applied every possible Windows updates using "Windows Update" from I.E.
    - From Control panel -> Add/Remove Windows Components, I installed IIS.

    Could it be that when IIS is added after the OS is fully patched that I have to manually
    run aspnet_regiis?

    I ran "aspnet_regiis -i" and default.aspx is still not listed. Looks like I will have to
    manually add it. Here is the output from aspnet_regiis -lk and -lv

    aspnet_regiis -lv
    1.1.4322.0 Valid (Root) C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll
    2.0.50727.0 Valid C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll

    aspnet_regiis -lk
    W3SVC/ 1.1.4322.0
    W3SVC/1/ROOT/CCM_Incoming/ 1.1.4322.0
    W3SVC/1/ROOT/CCM_System/ 1.1.4322.0
    W3SVC/1/ROOT/SMS_MP/ 1.1.4322.0
    W3SVC/1/ROOT/SMS_SLP/ 1.1.4322.0
    W3SVC/1/ROOT/SMS_DP_SMSPKGC$/ 1.1.4322.0

    Gaetan.

    Gaetan, Feb 14, 2006
  4. re:
    > Could it be that when IIS is added after the OS is fully patched
    > that I have to manually run aspnet_regiis?

    Not only that...

    If you installed IIS after you patched Windows 2003 Server w/SP1,
    none of the security patches will have been applied to IIS.

    You'll have to reapply all patches, if you want IIS to be patched.

    On the basic question : yes, you have to manually run aspnet_regiis -i
    if you install IIS after you install the OS, instead of selecting it to be
    installed during the original OS's setup.

    re:
    > I ran "aspnet_regiis -i" and default.aspx is still not listed.

    Quite common.

    Try running "aspnet_regiis -u" *first*, which will unregister the .Net Framework
    ( note : it will not uninstall it, only unregister it with IIS ), and *then* run "aspnet_regiis -i".

    That will recreate the necessary default account for ASP.NET *and* the default documents.

    You will *still* have to manually move the document up the priority list, though.
    IIS doesn't know whether you want to run basic html, asp or asp.net documents as the default.

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 14, 2006