why is horizontal scrolling a big fat "no!"?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by richard, Apr 13, 2012.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    Used to was, one could use a horizontal scroll bar with ease.
    Just use overflow:auto.
    But for some strange reason, it's like that's just not possible.
    Ok so it's me.
    overflow-x:scroll does not work for me.

    I have a defined size box.
    In that box a list of items will appear.
    Rather than having a vertical scroll bar, I just want a horizontal scroll
    bar.

    Next problem.
    I have a dozen columns that I want to show in that box.
    X items per column.
    Columns 1,2 and 3 are fine.
    When column 4 shows up, it drops below column 1.

    I have tried overflow:auto and overflow-x:scroll with the same results.
    No I do not want to make the box conform to the width of the items.

    I have even tried nesting an inner division.

    Can someone please tell me how it's done?

    Understand this: OVERLOW-X:SCROLL does not work!
    richard, Apr 13, 2012