    Is the container just loading the classes or is there some init routine
    running? How can I debug this?

    Thanks very much for the help!
    Marcus Leon, Oct 2, 2005

  2. Marcus Leon

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 1 Oct 2005 22:42:17 -0700, "Marcus Leon" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >Is the container just loading the classes or is there some init routine
    >running? How can I debug this?

    If you have a java.exe command line you can get hold of, use the
    -verbose option. You can then monitor classes loading.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Oct 2, 2005

  3. Marcus Leon

    Marcus Leon Guest

    Thanks Roedy! I do see that on the first (and only) request the JVM is
    load these classes at system start up?

    The classes are mostly common classes (Jakarta Commons, log4j, etc) and
    the tag library I am using (Display Tag Library).

    Marcus.
    Marcus Leon, Oct 3, 2005
  4. Marcus Leon

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 3 Oct 2005 07:22:20 -0700, "Marcus Leon" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >Thanks Roedy! I do see that on the first (and only) request the JVM is
    >load these classes at system start up?

    there may be a special BEA command to do it, but if you ran a custom
    servlet at startup that simply looked at the serialVersionUID of the
    classes of interest or called some trivial static method, that would
    load the classes.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Oct 3, 2005