why is kalvinmanual@gmail.com spamming clc?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by BruceS, Feb 9, 2011.

  1. BruceS

    BruceS Guest

    On Feb 9, 11:45 am, Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    > Kenneth Brody <> writes:
    > > On 2/8/2011 1:30 PM, [...] wrote:
    > >> I have solutions manuals to all problems and exercises in these

    > [...]
    >
    > > Ah, so you charge people to help them cheat?  (I suppose you need to raise
    > > money somehow to help pay the lawyer to defend yourself in the copyright
    > > infringement suit.)

    > > [... megasnip ...]

    > My server already dropped the original message.
    >
    > Do you think the spammer actually reads followups?

    I think a better question might be: would the OP spammer
    get a lot of spam if his email addy were to be
    cleartext posted in a followup to his spam?

    Another might be: does gmail care that is using
    his account to spam newsgroups?

    BruceS, Feb 9, 2011

  2. Seebs

    Seebs Guest

    On 2011-02-09, BruceS <> wrote:
    > Another might be: does gmail care that is using
    > his account to spam newsgroups?

    No. Google does not care in any way about spam. They have known for
    months that the Google Groups interface allows people to send spam without
    the abuse reporting mechanism working (because the "report abuse from
    this group" button *only shows up if you are logged in to a Google account
    which is an address on the list*), and they've got a group of something
    well over a hundred groups that I've been reporting to them for >6 months
    that they simply don't care about.

    There's at least one "email broadcasting" company which has no need for their
    own IT infrastructure because they just use Google Groups.

    Google does not care.

    -s

    Seebs, Feb 11, 2011