    it plays fine.

    Thanks for any assistance.

    http://home.mpinet.net/~docsavage20/happy_holidays/the_christmas_song.html
    Doc, Dec 22, 2004

  2. Paul F. Johnson, Dec 22, 2004

  3. Doc

    Doc Guest

    Doc, Dec 22, 2004
  4. Doc

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Doc wrote:

    > I think you're mistaken. Doing what you suggest immediately begins
    > downloading the file. Clicking on the link as I have it brings up the page.

    Um, I think you misunderstood what he was saying... or it was badly said :)

    Currently, your code reads:

    but it needs to be changed to:

    HTH

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Dec 22, 2004
  5. Doc

    Doc Guest

    "Dylan Parry" <> wrote in message
    > Doc wrote:
    >
    > > I think you're mistaken. Doing what you suggest immediately begins
    > > downloading the file. Clicking on the link as I have it brings up the

    page.

    > Um, I think you misunderstood what he was saying... or it was badly said

    :)

    > Currently, your code reads:

    > but it needs to be changed to:

    Actually, I had it that way originally, and it didn't work. Then I looked at
    another site I have up:

    http://home.mpinet.net/~docsavage20/candolihorn/candolihorn.html

    and saw that the way I did that one had the main file and then the mp3 the
    same way - thusly:

    solo</center><a/>

    And it works. However, I'm finding that neither way works with the Happy
    Holidays site.
    Doc, Dec 22, 2004
  6. Doc

    Doc Guest

    I'm an idiot. The name of the file had an extra _ that I didn't catch. I
    looked several times before and didn't catch it.

    Thanks for all input.
    Doc, Dec 22, 2004
  7. In article <44iyd.9900$>, Doc
    () dropped a +5 bundle of words...

    > "Paul F. Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >

    > http://home.mpinet.net/~docsavage20/happy_holidays/the_christmas_song.html
    > >
    > > URL is wrong
    > >
    > > try christmas_song_.mp3 instead of the one you have...

    > I think you're mistaken. Doing what you suggest immediately begins
    > downloading the file. Clicking on the link as I have it brings up the page.

    Um....

    Song</a>

    --
    Starshine Moonbeam
    mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
    Starshine Moonbeam, Dec 23, 2004
  8. Doc

    Rick Cook Guest

    Doc wrote:
    > Does anyone see any obvious problems with the code for this webpage I put
    > up? The page comes up, but when I click on the link, it gives me an error
    > screen. It's a very simple site, if there's an error in my html, I don't see
    > where it is. Tech support at Earthlink has been useless. They claimed there
    > was a problem with the mp3 file, but I downloaded it from the ftp site and
    > it plays fine.
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance.
    >
    > http://home.mpinet.net/~docsavage20/happy_holidays/the_christmas_song.html

    I wouldn't trust anything Earthlink tech support tells you. Since they
    moved their support operations to India, they have gone from pretty good
    to absolutely awful.

    --RC
    Rick Cook, Feb 16, 2005