why is the default color of JComboBox gray instead of white?

Jeff Schwab

- said:
and why is it stupid for not repeating the single line qn in the body?
please enlighten.

It's more effort for the reader. A lot of people (including me) usually
just read all new messages, and don't even look at the subjects.

Roland

and why is it stupid for not repeating the single line qn in the body?
please enlighten.

"As above" doesn't tell me anything specific. It could refer to almost
anything.
"Above" could refer to some header of your message, or a message in my
newsreader's message list. My attic, maybe?
And *what* as above? The message, the author, date, subject?

Like Jeff, I skim new messages and it would be really unpleasant if all
messages contained as less information in the body as your message did.

It reminds me of the following 'joke':
Wife: "Goodmorning, dear. Would you like tea or coffee?
Professor: "Yes... Thank you, dear."
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
___ ___
/__/ w_/ /__/
/ \ /_/ / \

Roland

i should have asked why does sun make it the default.

I don't know if I understand your question, but they chose grey probably
because Sun thinks it fits well with the Look and Feel.
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
___ ___