Why is there no intellisense for my Custom Web Server controls in HTML view !!!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JollyK, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. JollyK

    JollyK Guest

    Hello everyone...
    I am new in creating custom web server controls. I am having one problem at
    the moment and i have been looking all around and haven't found a solution.
    Okay.. here it goes... the custom web server control derives from the
    WebControl class. I have added a few more properties to my custom control.
    Everything
    is working fine. The issue is when I use the custom web server control in
    the aspx page, there is no intellisense for the custom control in the "html
    view" at all. There is intellisense for the custom control in the code
    behind class file though. Also in the design view of the aspx page, the
    custom control's property are displayed in the property sheet too. The only
    issue I am having is with the "html view" and it is driving me crazy that
    there is no intellisense for my custom control. I code alot in the html view
    and not having intellisense for my custom controls are driving me crazy.
    Can you guys tell me how is it possible to get the intellisense on my editor
    for the properties in my custom control.

    Thanks

    JK.
    JollyK, Dec 18, 2003

  2. I know there's an extra step you have to go through which basically involves
    making an .xsd file containing the information that will be used by the HTML
    view's intellisense but I haven't actually done this yet myself. With luck
    though, that will point you to the correct direction.

    Hope tihs helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Dec 18, 2003