Why is there no "runtime" allowed in the ASP.NET web.config

Guest

I would like my ASP.NET apps to pick up there associated assembly references
at runtime but I do not see a runtime tag in the web.config schema, or am I
wrong?

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

I'm not sure I understand why you need this functionality, aren't assembly
references imported into your application at compile time? If i missed the
mark, please let me know...

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Now Available @ http://www.lulu.com/owc

Scott Allen

Are you looking for the compilation element?

<configuration>
<compilation>
<assemblies>
<add assembly="System.Data, Version=1.0.2411.0,
Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"/>
</assemblies>
</compilation>
</configuration>

Guest

Yes, references are there via the project at compile time. However, my
question is more focused on deployment and runtime.

I would like to direct my assembly references at runtime for referenced
components. This is in addition to the compilation tag. The compilation
tag, if I understand this correctly, is there to direct the compilation of
pages when they are first accessed.

There is a "runtime" available in a normal app.config, but unless I am
missiing something this tag is not included in the web.config schema.