    wrong?

    --
    Patrick
    =?Utf-8?B?aW5ldG11Zw==?=, Feb 11, 2005

  2. I'm not sure I understand why you need this functionality, aren't assembly
    references imported into your application at compile time? If i missed the
    mark, please let me know...

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

    [Shameless Author plug]
    Now Available @ http://www.lulu.com/owc

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Feb 11, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?aW5ldG11Zw==?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    Are you looking for the compilation element?

    <configuration>
    <compilation>
    <assemblies>
    <add assembly="System.Data, Version=1.0.2411.0,
    Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"/>
    </assemblies>
    </compilation>
    </configuration>

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Feb 12, 2005
  4. Yes, references are there via the project at compile time. However, my
    question is more focused on deployment and runtime.

    I would like to direct my assembly references at runtime for referenced
    components. This is in addition to the compilation tag. The compilation
    tag, if I understand this correctly, is there to direct the compilation of
    pages when they are first accessed.

    There is a "runtime" available in a normal app.config, but unless I am
    missiing something this tag is not included in the web.config schema.

    =?Utf-8?B?aW5ldG11Zw==?=, Feb 14, 2005
  5. Scott, see my previous reply to Alvin. This is not the same tag...

    =?Utf-8?B?aW5ldG11Zw==?=, Feb 14, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?aW5ldG11Zw==?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    You can also add a runtime element - it is not in the system.web
    schema but it is in the outer configuration schema. See:
    http://www.hanselman.com/blog/PermaLink,guid,4d0ef4fb-f8ae-4355-a658-3c0432c98dbe.aspx
    for an example.

    --
    Scott