Why is this doing that?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Ed Jay, Nov 11, 2005.

  1. Ed Jay

    Ed Jay Guest

    I have a button and associated text in a container. When one clicks the
    button it brings up additional buttons and text in a container to the
    right of the first container. I get more than I bargained for...it also
    brings up unwanted space below the dual container line. I can't figure out
    why, so I can't fix it.

    If you go to <http://www.edbj.aes-intl.com/brcaform1.html> and click on
    'Patient is symptomatic of breast disease:' you'll observe the errant
    behavior.

    Basically, the markup and code is:

    <Form....>
    Patient is symptomatic of breast disease :
    <checkbox... onClick="show additional text">
    </Form>

    The code to show the additional text is javascript.

    --
    Ed Jay (remove M to respond by email)

    Ed Jay, Nov 11, 2005

  2. Ed Jay

    JD Guest

    Ed Jay wrote:
    > I have a button and associated text in a container. When one clicks the
    > button it brings up additional buttons and text in a container to the
    > right of the first container. I get more than I bargained for...it also
    > brings up unwanted space below the dual container line. I can't figure out
    > why, so I can't fix it.
    >
    > If you go to <http://www.edbj.aes-intl.com/brcaform1.html> and click on
    > 'Patient is symptomatic of breast disease:' you'll observe the errant
    > behavior.
    >
    > Basically, the markup and code is:
    >
    > <Form....>
    > Patient is symptomatic of breast disease :
    > <checkbox... onClick="show additional text">
    > </Form>

    > The code to show the additional text is javascript.

    Just a guess, is it because you're using a different font?

    JD, Nov 13, 2005

  3. Ed Jay

    Ed Jay Guest

    JD <> wrote:

    >Ed Jay wrote:
    >> I have a button and associated text in a container. When one clicks the
    >> button it brings up additional buttons and text in a container to the
    >> right of the first container. I get more than I bargained for...it also
    >> brings up unwanted space below the dual container line. I can't figure out
    >> why, so I can't fix it.
    >>
    >> If you go to <http://www.edbj.aes-intl.com/brcaform1.html> and click on
    >> 'Patient is symptomatic of breast disease:' you'll observe the errant
    >> behavior.
    >>
    >> Basically, the markup and code is:
    >>
    >> <Form....>
    >> Patient is symptomatic of breast disease :
    >> <checkbox... onClick="show additional text">
    >> </Form>

    >> The code to show the additional text is javascript.

    >Just a guess, is it because you're using a different font?

    No. Thanks anyway. It turned out to be a combination of a <div> nesting
    issue and line wrapping.

    --
    Ed Jay (remove M to respond by email)

    Ed Jay, Nov 13, 2005