Why is this doing that?

Ed Jay

I have a button and associated text in a container. When one clicks the
button it brings up additional buttons and text in a container to the
right of the first container. I get more than I bargained for...it also
brings up unwanted space below the dual container line. I can't figure out
why, so I can't fix it.

If you go to <http://www.edbj.aes-intl.com/brcaform1.html> and click on
'Patient is symptomatic of breast disease:' you'll observe the errant
behavior.

Basically, the markup and code is:

<Form....>
Patient is symptomatic of breast disease :
<checkbox... onClick="show additional text">
</Form>

The code to show the additional text is javascript.

JD

Ed said:
I have a button and associated text in a container. When one clicks the
button it brings up additional buttons and text in a container to the
right of the first container. I get more than I bargained for...it also
brings up unwanted space below the dual container line. I can't figure out
why, so I can't fix it.

If you go to <http://www.edbj.aes-intl.com/brcaform1.html> and click on
'Patient is symptomatic of breast disease:' you'll observe the errant
behavior.

Basically, the markup and code is:

<Form....>
Patient is symptomatic of breast disease :
<checkbox... onClick="show additional text">
</Form>

The code to show the additional text is javascript.

Just a guess, is it because you're using a different font?

Ed Jay

JD said:
Just a guess, is it because you're using a different font?

No. Thanks anyway. It turned out to be a combination of a <div> nesting
issue and line wrapping.