Why is this small Javascript not working ?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Arthur Connor, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. Below you will find the first lines of my HTML page.
    Why doesn't popup a dialog window ?
    I click the Html page which is on my hard disc. A IE 5.5 browser window opens
    but not a dialog window inside.

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>Test page</TITLE>
    <script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    <!--
    function popitup(percent){
    popup = window.open("","popDialog","height=160,width=300,scrollbars=no");
    popup.document.write("HELLO"+percent);
    //popup.document.close();
    }
    // -->