Why is Visual Studio slow? Can I troubleshoot it?

Bobby Edward

Any way to debug why VS 2008 SP1 is slow? Recently it's been really
lagging, even though it's a pretty fresh install, with a few "add-ons",
like:
Devart dbForge Fusion for MySQL, Devart MyDirect .NET, Refactor! for VS 3.0,
DevExpress Tools

But it seems to lag only recently. Especially moving in between tabs and
switching views, etc...

Any way to troubleshoot this? Thanks!

Scott M.

It is more likely that it has less to do with VS and more to do with your
system. Have you installed new software recently? What about security
updates?

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Bobby,

Turn off all add-ons and check it it still hands.
Because usually addons hinder your VS performance

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [Microsoft MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
:: http://twitter.com/laflour