Why it's good to be a "lazy" programmer

David Filmer

Years ago, I read the musings of one of the "great Perl gurus" (I believe it
was Larry himself, though it might have been Randal or Tom or maybe somebody
else) who described several good reasons that laziness was a virtue among
programmers (when "laziness" is viewed in the proper perspective, of
course!). I wanted to revisit this topic, but unfortunately I don't remember
exactly where I read this, and I don't reacll enough of the content to
construct an effective Google search. Can somebody point me in the right
direction?

Thx!

Iain Chalmers

David Filmer said:
Years ago, I read the musings of one of the "great Perl gurus" (I believe it
was Larry himself, though it might have been Randal or Tom or maybe somebody
else) who described several good reasons that laziness was a virtue among
programmers (when "laziness" is viewed in the proper perspective, of
course!). I wanted to revisit this topic, but unfortunately I don't remember
exactly where I read this, and I don't reacll enough of the content to
construct an effective Google search. Can somebody point me in the right
direction?

I suspect googling for "laziness impatience and hubris" will find what
you recall...

like this:
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?LazinessImpatienceHubris

cheers,