Why j2se kerberos implementation don't work?

Discussion in 'Java' started by DamonChong, May 20, 2005.

  1. DamonChong

    DamonChong Guest

    Hi,

    Appreciate any assistance given. I was playing with Sun's
    implementation of Kerberos. I was using kinit in the Sun's J2SE package
    on my PC (OS is Windows XP) to generate the keytab which is stored in
    the default location (C:\Documents and Settings\myname\krb5cc_myname).
    My organisation is using Active Directory 2000 in mixed mode.

    After that, I tried to use kinit with -t option to specify using the
    new keytab file. But the error messages i keep getting were below.

    "Exception: krb_error 0 Cannot retrieve key from keytab for
    principal...."

    OR

    "Exception: krb_error 0 No supported key found in keytab for
    principal...."

    This is not the behaviour when I use MIT's implementation of Kerberos
    on a Linux machine. Another behaviour that I found strange is that my
    windows terminal echo the password I entered....again this is not the
    behaviour with MIT's implementation.

    Is Sun's Kerberos implementation in the J2SE package broken?

    Thank you.

    DamonChong, May 20, 2005