Why my ruby services shuts down when logoff from windows

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Miika Parvio, Apr 13, 2007.

  1. Miika Parvio

    Miika Parvio Guest

    Hello!

    I have problems with services created on ruby tools. I'm using mongrel
    web server

    I'm creating mongrel weg server service in following way:

    rails_path = File.expand_path(File.dirname(__FILE__) + "/..").gsub("/",
    "\\")
    port = 80
    sh("mongrel_rails.cmd service::install " +
    "-N my_mongler_web_server " +
    "-c \"#{rails_path}\" " +
    "-p #{port} " +
    "-e #{rails_env}"

    Everything goes fine, but when I logout from the windows (Windows XP
    pro), service I created shuts down. How I can prevent this?

    Also my other ruby services shuts down, when I logoff from windows. How
    can I prevent this? I have used win32/Service to create services from my
    ruby applications.

    Miika

    Miika Parvio, Apr 13, 2007