why not use MS Word to create web pages?

Andy Dingley

Word was never intended by MS to be used as a tool for creating web pages,
rather a transport medium for returning Word docs FROM html created pages,
back INTO their original Word doc form.

This is very true. However M$ is a big outfit and they often contradict
themselves internally. Although one group bent HTML to Word's purposes
for a not-entirely deplorable reason, the bunnies in marketing saw this
as "Word can make web pages" and sells it as such.

Don

This is very true. However M$ is a big outfit and they often
contradict themselves internally. Although one group bent HTML to
Word's purposes for a not-entirely deplorable reason, the bunnies in
marketing saw this as "Word can make web pages" and sells it as such.

Possibly?
But then perhaps MS also recognized the damage MS-Word caused to MS-Front
Page's product and reputation?

In the most recent version of MS-Office, FP was removed from that package
and must be purchased separately.

The MVP's that I communicate with are support volunteers as opposed to MS-
employees.
At least the Word MVP's have recognized and promote that Word is NOT an
ideal tool for creating html.

Stan McCann

the code is pretty much unreadable but it does act pretty much as a
WYSIWYG web page editor ... why do we not see more pages created
this way? .. On the small test I did it does not cause Firefox any
display problems ... so why not? .. it would be great for kids ..
they already use word for word processing .. why not just save a
document as an htm file and then post it onto a web site?

Why not just give Bill all the business? He's taking business away
from poor companies like Linux. Oh yeah, it's not a company. Did you
test using Konqueror? How about Safari? MacIntosh?

There are established ways of doing things. Bill decides to do it his
way so we all follow Bill and throw out that expensive Linux? Oh yeah,
it's not expensive, it's free. So we throw out the recommendations and
do things Bill's way so he really can take over the Internet, the
browser market, the OS market? Hell, throw in your wife too, Bill just
might like her.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Stan McCann said:
Why not just give Bill all the business? He's taking business away
from poor companies like Linux. Oh yeah, it's not a company. Did you
test using Konqueror? How about Safari? MacIntosh?

There are established ways of doing things. Bill decides to do it his
way so we all follow Bill and throw out that expensive Linux? Oh yeah,
it's not expensive, it's free. So we throw out the recommendations and
do things Bill's way so he really can take over the Internet, the
browser market, the OS market? Hell, throw in your wife too, Bill just
might like her.

Just one little question: which one of these is more likely to take over (or
be predominant, anyway) Internet and why?
Bill, Google or Wikipedia?

Stan McCann

Just one little question: which one of these is more likely to take
over (or be predominant, anyway) Internet and why?
Bill, Google or Wikipedia?

Bill has shown that he can sell an inferior product well before the
inferior product has even hit the design phase and his excuse for it
being buggy? Well, I was rushed.

Goggle's done well. They haven't a dime of my money. Bill,
unfortunately has far more than that. But that is Americanizing the
problem maybe? I'm not sure how M$ does worldwide. I know he has the
American public^H^H^H^H^H^H CEO's fooled.
Do they still do this? Or am I giving away my age?

Wiki who? Really, I'm not familiar with this. I've heard the term a
few times but haven't been able to relate it to anything.