Why printing disregard <table width="100%">?

Steve Richter

here is the start of my .aspx page:

<TABLE id="Table2" runat="server" width="100%" border="0">

I understand the width=100% attribute to mean the contents of the table
will be scrunched into the space available in the presentation space.

When the page is rendered to the browser display, that is what happens.
But when I print the page ( using IE - file - print ) about 25% of the
contents are clipped from the right side.

I am reading past posts on the topic of "printer friendly". What I
dont understand is why width=100% works on the display, but not on the
printer?

thanks,

-Steve

Guest

normally the printer settings will have a setting to clip 1inch of left right
top and bottom so that will click almost 25% of your web page. or it depends
on what the settings you have. so alter the printer friendly version
accordingly.