    ideas how I can speed up the process, or better yet, JUST copy over certain
    files (ie the things that have changed?)

    Thanks!

    VB Programmer, Jan 7, 2006

  2. VB Programmer

    PJ Guest

    How are you connecting to your webserver? Ftp, network?

    When you publish, select the first checkbox that says, "Allow this
    precompiled site to be updatable". This way, you can just publish the files
    that have changed. It's still not ideal, as I for one would prefer one
    precompiled assembly that needs updating. The IDE doesn't give that option,
    but perhaps someone knows a command line way of doing that.

    Also, publish will copy all necessary files over including images and
    perhaps someone knows of a way to make this happen without overwriting files
    that already exist?

    ~Pj

    PJ, Jan 7, 2006