Why RDF?

Niyati

Hi all,
I am new to RDF and I wanted to know..
Why Mozilla is using RDF so extensively while they have already got
great support for XML? What could be the core reasons for it?

I would be really thankful to you, if you can give some links to good
documents where I can find the reason why people are migrating to RDF.

Thanks in advance,
Niyati.

Jan Roland Eriksson

Hi all,
I am new to RDF and I wanted to know..
Why Mozilla is using RDF so extensively while they have already got
great support for XML? What could be the core reasons for it?

Me thinks you have a basic misunderstanding of things here.

RDF exists and there is an application of XML defined for it.
I would be really thankful to you, if you can give some links to good
documents where I can find the reason why people are migrating to RDF.

I don't know if "people are migrating to RDF" but there is this node on
the www where you could start to find out...

<http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/>