  1. Junhui Tong

    Junhui Tong Guest

    Is there anyone who can delete them?
    Junhui Tong, Jul 25, 2007

  2. Junhui Tong

    tony Guest

    Junhui Tong wrote:
    > Is there anyone who can delete them?

    yeah, I find them annoying too.
    tony, Jul 25, 2007

  3. Junhui Tong

    Ian Collins Guest

    Junhui Tong wrote:
    > Is there anyone who can delete them?

    No, there are thousands of news servers out there. Just complain
    directly to the pimps who post job ads, they have to include a real
    address in their spam.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Jul 25, 2007
  4. Ian Collins wrote:
    > Junhui Tong wrote:
    >> Is there anyone who can delete them?

    > No, there are thousands of news servers out there. Just complain
    > directly to the pimps who post job ads, they have to include a real
    > address in their spam.

    It's not gonna do any good. They will either apologize and then do
    it again still (since they are now convinced that their spam does
    reach an audience), or just throw it in the recycle bin since there
    is no resume to attract any interest in the complaint. Many ISPs
    out there have policies against spam, but it usually does not include
    anything WRT Usenet, especially because in an unmoderated group
    anything goes, and there is nobody to enforce it. Most ISPs could
    not care less.

    If you're so annoyed by all the rubbish here, just retire to the
    comp.lang.c++.moderated, we are trying to keep it clean there. It's
    slow, but it's much neater.

    Victor Bazarov, Jul 25, 2007
  5. * Victor Bazarov:
    > Ian Collins wrote:
    >> Junhui Tong wrote:
    >>> Is there anyone who can delete them?

    >> No, there are thousands of news servers out there. Just complain
    >> directly to the pimps who post job ads, they have to include a real
    >> address in their spam.

    > It's not gonna do any good. They will either apologize and then do
    > it again still (since they are now convinced that their spam does
    > reach an audience), or just throw it in the recycle bin since there
    > is no resume to attract any interest in the complaint. Many ISPs
    > out there have policies against spam, but it usually does not include
    > anything WRT Usenet, especially because in an unmoderated group
    > anything goes, and there is nobody to enforce it. Most ISPs could
    > not care less.
    >
    > If you're so annoyed by all the rubbish here, just retire to the
    > comp.lang.c++.moderated, we are trying to keep it clean there. It's
    > slow, but it's much neater.

    Well, yes. But one alternative is to use a news server that does spam
    filtering. I used to use news.individual.net, which was and is very
    good and very cheap, it used to be a free service, but it turned out to
    be impossible to pay them (I managed it first time, while many others
    had to give up, but second time, a year later, failed), so no more.

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
    Alf P. Steinbach, Jul 25, 2007
  6. Junhui Tong

    Ian Collins Guest

    Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
    > * Victor Bazarov:
    >> Ian Collins wrote:
    >>> No, there are thousands of news servers out there. Just complain
    >>> directly to the pimps who post job ads, they have to include a real
    >>> address in their spam.

    >> It's not gonna do any good. They will either apologize and then do
    >> it again still (since they are now convinced that their spam does
    >> reach an audience), or just throw it in the recycle bin since there
    >> is no resume to attract any interest in the complaint. Many ISPs
    >> out there have policies against spam, but it usually does not include
    >> anything WRT Usenet, especially because in an unmoderated group
    >> anything goes, and there is nobody to enforce it. Most ISPs could
    >> not care less.
    >>
    >> If you're so annoyed by all the rubbish here, just retire to the
    >> comp.lang.c++.moderated, we are trying to keep it clean there. It's
    >> slow, but it's much neater.

    > Well, yes. But one alternative is to use a news server that does spam
    > filtering. I used to use news.individual.net, which was and is very
    > good and very cheap, it used to be a free service, but it turned out to
    > be impossible to pay them (I managed it first time, while many others
    > had to give up, but second time, a year later, failed), so no more.

    NIN does a good job with span, but there isn't a lot they can do with
    job postings. If enough people reply, the pimps might just get fed up
    with all the unwanted mail.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Jul 25, 2007