Why some ADs in this group?

Ian Collins

Junhui said:
Is there anyone who can delete them?

No, there are thousands of news servers out there. Just complain
directly to the pimps who post job ads, they have to include a real
address in their spam.

Victor Bazarov

Ian said:
No, there are thousands of news servers out there. Just complain
directly to the pimps who post job ads, they have to include a real
address in their spam.

It's not gonna do any good. They will either apologize and then do
it again still (since they are now convinced that their spam does
reach an audience), or just throw it in the recycle bin since there
is no resume to attract any interest in the complaint. Many ISPs
out there have policies against spam, but it usually does not include
anything WRT Usenet, especially because in an unmoderated group
anything goes, and there is nobody to enforce it. Most ISPs could
not care less.

If you're so annoyed by all the rubbish here, just retire to the
comp.lang.c++.moderated, we are trying to keep it clean there. It's
slow, but it's much neater.

Alf P. Steinbach

* Victor Bazarov:
It's not gonna do any good. They will either apologize and then do
it again still (since they are now convinced that their spam does
reach an audience), or just throw it in the recycle bin since there
is no resume to attract any interest in the complaint. Many ISPs
out there have policies against spam, but it usually does not include
anything WRT Usenet, especially because in an unmoderated group
anything goes, and there is nobody to enforce it. Most ISPs could
not care less.

If you're so annoyed by all the rubbish here, just retire to the
comp.lang.c++.moderated, we are trying to keep it clean there. It's
slow, but it's much neater.

Well, yes. But one alternative is to use a news server that does spam
filtering. I used to use news.individual.net, which was and is very
good and very cheap, it used to be a free service, but it turned out to
be impossible to pay them (I managed it first time, while many others
had to give up, but second time, a year later, failed), so no more.

Ian Collins

Alf said:
* Victor Bazarov:

Well, yes. But one alternative is to use a news server that does spam
filtering. I used to use news.individual.net, which was and is very
good and very cheap, it used to be a free service, but it turned out to
be impossible to pay them (I managed it first time, while many others
had to give up, but second time, a year later, failed), so no more.
NIN does a good job with span, but there isn't a lot they can do with
job postings. If enough people reply, the pimps might just get fed up
with all the unwanted mail.