    event of the control fires.

    I know this is the must, but I dont know why. Please advise!

    Thanks!

    Matthew Louden, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Matthew Louden

    bruce barker Guest

    only submit buttons (asp image and command buttons) do a postback on theri
    own. all other controls need call a javascript routine that does the actual
    postback.

    1) if client scripting is turned off (security setting), these controls will
    not postback. you need to be aware that autopostback is just a hint, not a
    guarantee.

    2) the postback is very costly, so the default is none, though you could
    make a case that the IDE should set if you attach an event handler.

    -- bruce

    "Matthew Louden" <> wrote in message
    > why need to set autopostback property to be true?? I know autopostback

    event
    > means to send the form to the server automatically.
    >
    > I tried checkbox, checkbox list, radio button, and radio button list, and
    > they all need to set autopostback property to be true, in order to make

    the

    bruce barker, Nov 18, 2003