Why Subfolder and Feed cannot be counted after creation for IE7 RSS platform?

Morgan Cheng

I tried to program some feed reader in javascript based on IE7 RSS
platform.It takes advantage of API in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../en-us/feedsapi/rss/overviews/msfeeds_ovw.asp

The problem is that, I found, even though a subfolder or feed is
created successfully. It is not counted into the folder hierachy. That
is, SubFolder.Count doesn't count them. However, they ARE created.
Because the next time I run the script in another IE7 window, it proves

they are there. I looked up for some Flush or Save API but seems no
such thing.

Below is my code. Is there any bug for that? or it is a issue for RSS
Components.

<head>
<script>
var g_feedMgrProgID = "Microsoft.FeedsManager";
var g_myFolderName = "News Reader";
var g_myFeedrName = "Yahoo News Reader";
var g_myFeedrUri= "http://rss.news.yahoo.com/rss/topstories";
var g_feedMgr = null;
function loadFeedmgr()
{
if (g_feedMgr == null)
{
//Only work for MS Feed Platform. So, don't consider about other
browsers.
try
{
g_feedMgr = new ActiveXObject(g_feedMgrProgID);
if (g_feedMgr == null)
{
alert("fail to load " + g_feedMgrProgID);
return null;
catch(e)
{
alert("fail to load " + g_feedMgrProgID);