Why Subfolder and Feed cannot be counted after creation for IE7 RSS platform?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Morgan Cheng, Nov 3, 2006.

  1. Morgan Cheng

    Morgan Cheng Guest

    I tried to program some feed reader in javascript based on IE7 RSS
    platform.It takes advantage of API in
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../en-us/feedsapi/rss/overviews/msfeeds_ovw.asp

    The problem is that, I found, even though a subfolder or feed is
    created successfully. It is not counted into the folder hierachy. That
    is, SubFolder.Count doesn't count them. However, they ARE created.
    Because the next time I run the script in another IE7 window, it proves

    they are there. I looked up for some Flush or Save API but seems no
    such thing.

    Below is my code. Is there any bug for that? or it is a issue for RSS
    Components.

    <head>
    <script>
    var g_feedMgrProgID = "Microsoft.FeedsManager";
    var g_myFolderName = "News Reader";
    var g_myFeedrName = "Yahoo News Reader";
    var g_myFeedrUri= "http://rss.news.yahoo.com/rss/topstories";
    var g_feedMgr = null;
    function loadFeedmgr()
    {
    if (g_feedMgr == null)
    {
    //Only work for MS Feed Platform. So, don't consider about other
    browsers.
    try
    {
    g_feedMgr = new ActiveXObject(g_feedMgrProgID);
    if (g_feedMgr == null)
    {
    alert("fail to load " + g_feedMgrProgID);
    return null;
    catch(e)
    {
    alert("fail to load " + g_feedMgrProgID);

    Morgan Cheng, Nov 3, 2006