</H1>

</BODY>

</HTML>
hello why the link doesnt work
the page should go to page 6
iam a beginner
please help thanks

Adrienne

<H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black> <a href=pagina6.htm>waarom link je
niet </a>

</FONT>
</H1>

</BODY>

</HTML>
hello why the link doesnt work
the page should go to page 6
iam a beginner
please help thanks

1. You should quote attribute values. It makes for good coding practice,
and it is easier to debug when there is an error.
2. The font element is depreciated, so is align=center for the H1 element.
This is better: <h1 style="color: #000; text-align:center;"><a
href="pageina6.htm">waarom link je niet</a></h1>
3. Don't know why you're using a heading with a hyperlink, unless you are
doing it for presentation - If you want the link to be larger, then you
should use: <div style="font-size:150%; color: #000; margin: 1em; text-
other words, do not use heading markup if it is not a heading.
4. Do you have a URL? There might be some other markup that is causing
your problem.

mukuta

Adrienne said:
1. You should quote attribute values. It makes for good coding practice,
and it is easier to debug when there is an error.
2. The font element is depreciated, so is align=center for the H1 element.
This is better: <h1 style="color: #000; text-align:center;"><a
href="pageina6.htm">waarom link je niet</a></h1>
3. Don't know why you're using a heading with a hyperlink, unless you are
doing it for presentation - If you want the link to be larger, then you
should use: <div style="font-size:150%; color: #000; margin: 1em; text-
other words, do not use heading markup if it is not a heading.
4. Do you have a URL? There might be some other markup that is causing
your problem.

Hello ohh it is almost abacadabra i just started to learn ,and ian not that
good in english
what i understand is ian doing things wrong ok ,but why if i click on the
link
it does not go to page 6
thanks for youre attention anyway

Wipkip

mukuta said:
Hello ohh it is almost abacadabra i just started to learn ,and ian
not that good in english

Your english is fine.
what i understand is ian doing things wrong ok ,but why if i click
on the link
it does not go to page 6

Are you sure your page name is pagina6.htm and not pagina6.html
thanks for youre attention anyway

Can you post a link to the page where you have this problem?

mukuta

Wipkip said:
Your english is fine.

Are you sure your page name is pagina6.htm and not pagina6.html

Can you post a link to the page where you have this problem?

Hello the page name is correct (from 6 )
the page is on my computer
this is the code

HTML>

<TITLE> mukuta.com </title>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
</BODY>
</HTML>
and thank you

Richard

mukuta wrote:

<H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black>

</HTML>
hello why the link doesnt work
the page should go to page 6
iam a beginner
please help thanks

When you move the cursor over the link, the cursor changes to a hand, but
clicking does nothing.
Note that the underline for the active link shows only in the first line.

rf

mukuta said:
hello i am not a troll i am serious but ia m just starting ok

Fine. However it is not possible to determine what your problem is without
seeing all of the relevant HTML.

Your little bits of posted code are just not enough.

If you cannot host the code somewhere then, just this one time, copy/paste
the entire contents of both pages into a post here and we will tell you what
is wrong.

Cheers
Richard.

Fabian

mukuta said:
<H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black>

</FONT>
</H1>

</BODY>

</HTML>
hello why the link doesnt work
the page should go to page 6
iam a beginner
please help thanks

Hallo Mukuta, ik spreek Nederlands. Misschien kan ik je beter zo helpen.
Geef eens de code van pagina6.htm en van de pagina waarin je link staat. Dan
kunnen de anderen je ook helpen en kan ik vertalen.

--

Hi mukuta, I speak Dutch so I can help you in Dutch, perhaps that might be
better.

Samuël van Laere

mukuta said:
<H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black>

</FONT>
</H1>

</BODY>

</HTML>
hello why the link doesnt work
the page should go to page 6
iam a beginner
please help thanks

I contacted Mukuta by email and ask him to send me the files, as he did.
Every link in the files he send me worked allright, so it seems more likely
that his system and/or browser is causing the problem.
Perhaps OP needs to reinstall windows or use a better browser?

rf

Samuël van Laere said:
I contacted Mukuta by email and ask him to send me the files, as he did.
Every link in the files he send me worked allright, so it seems more likely
that his system and/or browser is causing the problem.
Perhaps OP needs to reinstall windows or use a better browser?

How could a browser/OS problem cause such a simple link to fail? If it did
then Mukuta would not be able to use the web at all :)

Cheers
Richard.

Samuël van Laere

How could a browser/OS problem cause such a simple >link to fail? If it did
then Mukuta would not be able to use the web at all :)

Cheers
Richard.

Don't know what the problem is, *his* files worked fine on my browser.
I created 4 test files for him that linked to each other and asked him to
test it.
He replied that they worked fine on his browser.
You tell me what the problem is.

mukuta

mukuta said:
<H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black>

</FONT>
</H1>

</BODY>

</HTML>
hello why the link doesnt work
the page should go to page 6
iam a beginner
please help thanks
hello is it possible to send the files to someone private
sam did not find a error
and thanks for the help the files he sened worked fine i have a good
computer and i can not imagine there is something wrong with it
and thank you all

Wim de Koning Gans

mukuta said:
hello is it possible to send the files to someone private
sam did not find a error
and thanks for the help the files he sened worked fine i have a good
computer and i can not imagine there is something wrong with it
and thank you all

Is pagina6.htm in the same directory as the page it is linked from?
[Staan beide pagina's in dezelfde map?]

Samuël van Laere

hello is it possible to send the files to someone private
sam did not find a error
and thanks for the help the files he sened worked fine i >have a good
computer and i can not imagine there is something wrong >with it
and thank you all

Mukuta you should upload the files to your server, that is if you have one.

Anyway,.
here are the files OP has send to me:
http://samuel.phpindex.nl/mukuta/

I didn't check for the correct usage of the html syntax,
but it worked on my browser anyway.

mukuta

Wim de Koning Gans said:
mukuta said:
hello is it possible to send the files to someone private
sam did not find a error
and thanks for the help the files he sened worked fine i have a good
computer and i can not imagine there is something wrong with it
and thank you all

Is pagina6.htm in the same directory as the page it is linked from?
[Staan beide pagina's in dezelfde map?]
yes (of course

mukuta

Samuël van Laere said:
Mukuta you should upload the files to your server, that is if you have one.

Anyway,.
here are the files OP has send to me:
http://samuel.phpindex.nl/mukuta/

I didn't check for the correct usage of the html syntax,
but it worked on my browser anyway.
ah great hear it does not work there is no page 5,6 and 7

the idea of the site is you have 3 choices
you can read positive feeback like you are great etc to get negative
feedback
and to meditate
it is ment as a joke and a bit serious
greetings and sam thank you