    the page should go to page 6
    iam a beginner
    please help thanks

    mukuta, Oct 24, 2003

  2. mukuta

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "mukuta" <>
    writing in news:bnc9ph$v8jgk$-berlin.de:

    ><H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black> <a href=pagina6.htm>waarom link je
    > niet </a>
    >
    ></FONT>
    ></H1>
    >

    ></BODY>
    >
    ></HTML>
    > hello why the link doesnt work
    > the page should go to page 6
    > iam a beginner
    > please help thanks

    1. You should quote attribute values. It makes for good coding practice,
    and it is easier to debug when there is an error.
    2. The font element is depreciated, so is align=center for the H1 element.
    This is better: <h1 style="color: #000; text-align:center;"><a
    href="pageina6.htm">waarom link je niet</a></h1>
    3. Don't know why you're using a heading with a hyperlink, unless you are
    doing it for presentation - If you want the link to be larger, then you
    should use: <div style="font-size:150%; color: #000; margin: 1em; text-
    other words, do not use heading markup if it is not a heading.
    4. Do you have a URL? There might be some other markup that is causing
    your problem.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, Oct 25, 2003

  3. mukuta

    mukuta Guest

    "Adrienne" <> schreef in bericht
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "mukuta" <>
    > writing in news:bnc9ph$v8jgk$-berlin.de:
    >

    > ><H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black> <a href=pagina6.htm>waarom link je
    > > niet </a>
    > >
    > ></FONT>
    > ></H1>
    > >

    > ></BODY>
    > >
    > ></HTML>
    > > hello why the link doesnt work
    > > the page should go to page 6
    > > iam a beginner
    > > please help thanks
    > >

    > 1. You should quote attribute values. It makes for good coding practice,
    > and it is easier to debug when there is an error.
    > 2. The font element is depreciated, so is align=center for the H1 element.
    > This is better: <h1 style="color: #000; text-align:center;"><a
    > href="pageina6.htm">waarom link je niet</a></h1>
    > 3. Don't know why you're using a heading with a hyperlink, unless you are
    > doing it for presentation - If you want the link to be larger, then you
    > should use: <div style="font-size:150%; color: #000; margin: 1em; text-
    > other words, do not use heading markup if it is not a heading.
    > 4. Do you have a URL? There might be some other markup that is causing
    > your problem.
    >
    > --
    > Adrienne Boswell
    > http://www.arbpen.com

    Hello ohh it is almost abacadabra i just started to learn ,and ian not that
    good in english
    what i understand is ian doing things wrong ok ,but why if i click on the
    link
    it does not go to page 6
    thanks for youre attention anyway

    mukuta, Oct 25, 2003
  4. mukuta

    Wipkip Guest

    mukuta wrote:
    > "Adrienne" <> schreef in bericht
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "mukuta" <>
    >> writing in news:bnc9ph$v8jgk$-berlin.de:
    >>

    >>> <H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black> <a href=pagina6.htm>waarom
    >>> link je niet </a>
    >>>
    >>> </FONT>
    >>> </H1>
    >>>

    >>> </BODY>
    >>>
    >>> </HTML>
    >>> hello why the link doesnt work
    >>> the page should go to page 6
    >>> iam a beginner
    >>> please help thanks
    >>>

    > Hello ohh it is almost abacadabra i just started to learn ,and ian
    > not that good in english

    Your english is fine.

    > what i understand is ian doing things wrong ok ,but why if i click
    > on the link
    > it does not go to page 6

    Are you sure your page name is pagina6.htm and not pagina6.html

    > thanks for youre attention anyway

    Can you post a link to the page where you have this problem?

    --
    Duende

    Wipkip, Oct 25, 2003
  5. mukuta

    mukuta Guest

    "Wipkip" <> schreef in bericht
    > mukuta wrote:
    > > "Adrienne" <> schreef in bericht
    > >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "mukuta" <>
    > >> writing in news:bnc9ph$v8jgk$-berlin.de:

    > > Hello ohh it is almost abacadabra i just started to learn ,and ian
    > > not that good in english

    > Your english is fine.
    >
    > > what i understand is ian doing things wrong ok ,but why if i click
    > > on the link
    > > it does not go to page 6

    > Are you sure your page name is pagina6.htm and not pagina6.html
    >
    > > thanks for youre attention anyway

    > Can you post a link to the page where you have this problem?
    >
    > --
    > Duende

    Hello the page name is correct (from 6 )
    the page is on my computer
    this is the code

    HTML>

    <TITLE> mukuta.com </title>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>
    and thank you

    mukuta, Oct 25, 2003
  6. mukuta

    Richard Guest

    mukuta wrote:

    > <H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black>

    > </FONT>

    > </BODY>

    > </HTML>
    > hello why the link doesnt work
    > the page should go to page 6
    > iam a beginner
    > please help thanks

    When you move the cursor over the link, the cursor changes to a hand, but
    clicking does nothing.
    Note that the underline for the active link shows only in the first line.

    Richard, Oct 25, 2003
  7. In article <>, anom@anom says...
    > mukuta wrote:
    >

    > > <H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black>

    > > </FONT>

    > > </BODY>

    > > </HTML>
    > > hello why the link doesnt work
    > > the page should go to page 6
    > > iam a beginner
    > > please help thanks

    What!? How did you determine that?

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Oct 25, 2003
  8. Jukka K. Korpela, Oct 25, 2003
  9. mukuta

    mukuta Guest

    "Jukka K. Korpela" <> schreef in bericht
    > "mukuta" <> wrote:
    >
    > > the page is on my computer

    > Well upload it then.
    >
    > > this is the code

    > No, it's something quite different from what you first posted,
    > and it contains no link, so there.
    >
    > If you are just trolling, please refrain from studying and applying
    > good netiquette (see http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/dont.html )
    > in future, too.

    hello i am not a troll i am serious but ia m just starting ok

    mukuta, Oct 25, 2003
  10. mukuta

    rf Guest

    "mukuta" <> wrote in message

    > "Jukka K. Korpela" <> schreef in bericht
    > > "mukuta" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > the page is on my computer

    > > Well upload it then.
    > >
    > > > this is the code

    > > No, it's something quite different from what you first posted,
    > > and it contains no link, so there.

    > hello i am not a troll i am serious but ia m just starting ok

    Fine. However it is not possible to determine what your problem is without
    seeing all of the relevant HTML.

    Your little bits of posted code are just not enough.

    If you cannot host the code somewhere then, just this one time, copy/paste
    the entire contents of both pages into a post here and we will tell you what
    is wrong.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 25, 2003
  11. mukuta

    Fabian Guest

    mukuta wrote:
    > <H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black>
    >
    > </FONT>
    > </H1>
    >

    > </BODY>
    >
    > </HTML>
    > hello why the link doesnt work
    > the page should go to page 6
    > iam a beginner
    > please help thanks

    Hallo Mukuta, ik spreek Nederlands. Misschien kan ik je beter zo helpen.
    Geef eens de code van pagina6.htm en van de pagina waarin je link staat. Dan
    kunnen de anderen je ook helpen en kan ik vertalen.

    --

    Hi mukuta, I speak Dutch so I can help you in Dutch, perhaps that might be
    better.

    --
    Fabian
    http://givelove.be/

    Fabian, Oct 25, 2003
  12. "mukuta" <> schreef in bericht

    > <H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black>
    >
    > </FONT>
    > </H1>
    >

    > </BODY>
    >
    > </HTML>
    > hello why the link doesnt work
    > the page should go to page 6
    > iam a beginner
    > please help thanks

    I contacted Mukuta by email and ask him to send me the files, as he did.
    Every link in the files he send me worked allright, so it seems more likely
    that his system and/or browser is causing the problem.
    Perhaps OP needs to reinstall windows or use a better browser?

    --
    With regards,
    Samuël

    Samuël van Laere, Oct 25, 2003
  13. mukuta

    rf Guest

    "Samuël van Laere" <> wrote in message
    > "mukuta" <> schreef in bericht
    > >

    > > <H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black>
    > >
    > > </FONT>
    > > </H1>
    > >

    > > </BODY>
    > >
    > > </HTML>
    > > hello why the link doesnt work
    > > the page should go to page 6
    > > iam a beginner
    > > please help thanks
    > >

    > I contacted Mukuta by email and ask him to send me the files, as he did.
    > Every link in the files he send me worked allright, so it seems more

    likely
    > that his system and/or browser is causing the problem.
    > Perhaps OP needs to reinstall windows or use a better browser?

    How could a browser/OS problem cause such a simple link to fail? If it did
    then Mukuta would not be able to use the web at all :)

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 25, 2003
  14. >How could a browser/OS problem cause such a simple >link to fail? If it did
    >then Mukuta would not be able to use the web at all :)
    >
    >Cheers
    >Richard.

    Don't know what the problem is, *his* files worked fine on my browser.
    I created 4 test files for him that linked to each other and asked him to
    test it.
    He replied that they worked fine on his browser.
    You tell me what the problem is.

    --
    With regards,
    Samuël

    Samuël van Laere, Oct 25, 2003
  15. mukuta

    mukuta Guest

    "mukuta" <> schreef in bericht

    > <H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black>
    >
    > </FONT>
    > </H1>
    >

    > </BODY>
    >
    > </HTML>
    > hello why the link doesnt work
    > the page should go to page 6
    > iam a beginner
    > please help thanks

    hello is it possible to send the files to someone private
    sam did not find a error
    and thanks for the help the files he sened worked fine i have a good
    computer and i can not imagine there is something wrong with it
    and thank you all

    mukuta, Oct 25, 2003
  16. mukuta wrote:
    > "mukuta" <> schreef in bericht
    >>

    >> <H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black>
    >>
    >> </FONT>
    >> </H1>
    >>

    >> </BODY>
    >>
    >> </HTML>
    >> hello why the link doesnt work
    >> the page should go to page 6
    >> iam a beginner
    >> please help thanks
    >>

    > hello is it possible to send the files to someone private
    > sam did not find a error
    > and thanks for the help the files he sened worked fine i have a good
    > computer and i can not imagine there is something wrong with it
    > and thank you all

    Is pagina6.htm in the same directory as the page it is linked from?
    [Staan beide pagina's in dezelfde map?]

    Wim de Koning Gans, Oct 25, 2003
  17. >hello is it possible to send the files to someone private
    >sam did not find a error
    >and thanks for the help the files he sened worked fine i >have a good
    >computer and i can not imagine there is something wrong >with it
    >and thank you all

    Mukuta you should upload the files to your server, that is if you have one.

    Anyway,.
    here are the files OP has send to me:
    http://samuel.phpindex.nl/mukuta/

    I didn't check for the correct usage of the html syntax,
    but it worked on my browser anyway.

    --
    Regards,
    Samuël

    Samuël van Laere, Oct 25, 2003
  18. mukuta

    mukuta Guest

    "Wim de Koning Gans" <> schreef in bericht
    > mukuta wrote:
    > > "mukuta" <> schreef in bericht
    > >>

    > >> <H1 align=center><FONT COLOR = black>
    > >>
    > >> </FONT>
    > >> </H1>
    > >>

    > >> </BODY>
    > >>
    > >> </HTML>
    > >> hello why the link doesnt work
    > >> the page should go to page 6
    > >> iam a beginner
    > >> please help thanks
    > >>

    > > hello is it possible to send the files to someone private
    > > sam did not find a error
    > > and thanks for the help the files he sened worked fine i have a good
    > > computer and i can not imagine there is something wrong with it
    > > and thank you all

    > Is pagina6.htm in the same directory as the page it is linked from?
    > [Staan beide pagina's in dezelfde map?]

    yes (of course

    mukuta, Oct 25, 2003
  19. mukuta

    mukuta Guest

    "Samuël van Laere" <> schreef in bericht
    > >hello is it possible to send the files to someone private
    > >sam did not find a error
    > >and thanks for the help the files he sened worked fine i >have a good
    > >computer and i can not imagine there is something wrong >with it
    > >and thank you all

    > Mukuta you should upload the files to your server, that is if you have

    one.

    > Anyway,.
    > here are the files OP has send to me:
    > http://samuel.phpindex.nl/mukuta/
    >
    > I didn't check for the correct usage of the html syntax,
    > but it worked on my browser anyway.
    >

    > --
    > Regards,
    > Samuël

    ah great hear it does not work there is no page 5,6 and 7

    the idea of the site is you have 3 choices
    you can read positive feeback like you are great etc to get negative
    feedback
    and to meditate
    it is ment as a joke and a bit serious
    greetings and sam thank you
    i will give you credits ;-)

    mukuta, Oct 25, 2003
  20. mukuta

    rf Guest

    "mukuta" <> wrote in message

    > "mukuta" <> schreef in bericht

    > hello is it possible to send the files to someone private

    Send *all* of them.

    I would be intrigued to find out what is wrong :)

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 25, 2003