Why this code don't work?

Wilson Beirigo Duarte

Hi,

I'm a newbie in ASP.NET and try to run a code from www.asp.net, session
tutorials subsession
ASP.NET Web Forms topic Working With Business Objects

---------------------------------------
webform1.aspx
--------------------------------------

<%@ Import Namespace="HelloWorld" %>
div
{
font: 8pt verdana;
background-color:cccccc;
border-color:black;
border-width:1;
border-style:solid;
padding:10,10,10,10;
}
<script language="VB" runat="server">
Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
Dim Comp As HelloObjVB
Comp = New HelloObjVB()
Message.InnerHtml &= Comp.SayHello() + "<p>"
Comp.FirstName = "Microsoft .NET Framework"
Message.InnerHtml &= Comp.SayHello() + "<p>"
Comp.FirstName = "ASP.NET"
Message.InnerHtml &= Comp.SayHello() + "<p>"
Comp.FirstName = "World!!!"
Message.InnerHtml &= Comp.SayHello()
End Sub
</script>

------------------------------------
HelloObj.vb
-------------------------------------

Imports System
Imports System.Text

Namespace HelloWorld
Public Class HelloObj
Private _name As String

Public Sub New
MyBase.New()
_name = Nothing
End Sub

Public Property FirstName As String
Get
Return(_name)
End get
Set
_name = value
End Set
End Property

Public Function SayHello() As String
Dim sb As New StringBuilder("Hello ")
If (_name <> Nothing) Then
sb.Append(_name)
Else
sb.Append("World")
End If
sb.Append("!")
Return(sb.ToString())
End Function
End Class
End Namespace

-----------------------------------
When I try to run the aplication occor the fowling error.
------------------------------------

Server Error in '/WebApplication2' Application.
----

Compilation Error
to service this request. Please review the following specific error details
and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'HelloObjVB' is not defined.

Source Error:

Line 9: Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
Line 10:
Line 11: Dim Comp As HelloObjVB
Line 12: Comp = New HelloObjVB()
Line 13:

Source File: http://localhost/WebApplication2/WebForm1.aspx Line: 11

What is happing????

John Smith

Hi,
Any of the following could be the culprit.
a. HelloObj.vb could be in an inaccessible directory (e.g. directory in at a
higher level than the webapplication2 virtual directory or at a different
structure altogether)
b. It hasn't been first compiled into a .dll.
c. It has been compiled but .dll was not referenced into your web project.

Good luck,
..Js