Why top posting is considered wrong?

Blinky the Shark

Greg said:
If a post and a quote are so short that they can both be grasped without
even rolling your eyeballs (normal reading comprehension assumed), top
posting is fine with me.

Wrong. You have no control over how much thread will develop from that
starting point. Your thinking implies that you're wearing blinders.

Blinky the Shark

me said:
"When thou enter a city, abide by its customs." -The Talmud

Quoting Style in Newsgroup Postings
http://www.xs4all.nl/~wijnands/nnq/nquote.html

How do I quote correctly in usenet?

Common Mistakes in Usenet Postings and How to Avoid Them
http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/mail-news-errors.html#quoting

Bottom vs. top posting and quotation style on Usenet
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html

Why bottom-posting is better than top-posting
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

+What do you mean "my reply is upside-down"?
http://www.i-hate-computers.demon.co.uk/quote.html

http://blinkynet.net/comp/toppost.html

Blinky the Shark

Nik said:
<snip>

Why is driving on the other side of the road considered wrong?

It doesn't make sense to me!

Sometimes my side of the road is full, yet the other side, it's completely
clear!

Thanks, Nik. That's the first smile I've had reading this thread.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Toby Inkster quothed:
I don't think that would make much of a difference to Nik's driving.

Well, he could try Japan, home of the kamikaze.

Solbu

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Solbu quothed:

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Solbu quothed:

Neredbojias sent the following transmission through subspace:

Ja, det er jeg. :)=
(Yes, I am)

I'm a (USA) Svensk, and you know how Swedes regard those banished to the
hinterlands...