Why TreeView web control fails with SSL HTTPS??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Rafi, Jan 23, 2008.

  1. Rafi

    Rafi Guest

    hi,

    I have a web application (vs2003 ASP.NET 1.1) that use web control treeview
    in several pages.
    Every thing is ok when using HTTP. Now, i am trying to use with SSL and HTTPS.
    I have configured SSL to the entire web site using "SelfSSL" according to
    instructions in this page: http://www.visualwin.com/SelfSSL

    All pages and frames of my application works fine with HTTPS except the
    pages with the TreeView!! It fails on DataBind() with the exception:
    "System.Xml.XmlException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1,
    position 1"

    here is my vb code:
    tree.TreeNodeSrc = x.GetTreeXml()
    tree.TreeNodeXsltSrc = "/WebFleet/StyleSheets/RegionTree.xslt"
    tree.TreeNodeTypeSrc = "/WebFleet/XMLFiles/RegionIcons.xml"
    tree.DataBind()

    Does any one has an idea how to solve this?

    thanks

    Rafi

    Rafi, Jan 23, 2008

  2. HI, Rafi

    Probably because the scripts attempt to reach the contents with HTTP
    and depending on browse configuration it may or may not fail.

    Regards,

    Paulo Santos
    http://pjondevelopment.50webs.com

    PJ on Development, Jan 23, 2008

  3. Rafi

    Rafi Guest

    hi,

    i have search my code and all web controls sources and didn't find any usage
    of http! every think is relative as appear in my sample code.

    i have found many questions around the network with this problem but even
    not a single answer.

    i'll appriciate any help

    thanks in advance

    rafi

    Rafi, Jan 23, 2008
  4. Hi, Rafi

    Take a look at the page source as it is rendered on the browser.

    Sometimes a control adds a reference to a script using HTTP that is
    barred by the browser

    PJ on Development, Jan 24, 2008
  5. Rafi

    Rafi Guest

    The problem is not in the browser! it fails with exception on the server when
    reaching the DataBind(). please see my code below.

    thanks

    rafi

    Rafi, Jan 24, 2008