why Typedef is storage class specifier?

sunny

Hi

C Ref Man says

" The typedef specifier does not reserve storage and is called a
storage class specifier only for syntactic convenience "

does this mean storage specifier for "user specific storage area" ?
ie. flexibity to provided to create user defined storage class
specifier.

Keith Thompson

sunny said:
C Ref Man says

" The typedef specifier does not reserve storage and is called a
storage class specifier only for syntactic convenience "

does this mean storage specifier for "user specific storage area" ?
ie. flexibity to provided to create user defined storage class
specifier.

We don't generally complain about minor spelling or grammatical
errors, but in this case I really can't figure out what you're trying
to say. Can you rephrase the question, and try not to leave out any
words?

I think the answer to your question is no, but I can't be sure. There
are no user defined storage class specifiers, only the ones defined by
the language: typedef, extern, static, auto, and register.