Why VALIGN is not working in IE6, but is in dreamweaver

Discussion in 'HTML' started by laurie, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. laurie

    laurie Guest

    Does anyone know why this very simple nested table code works in Dreamweaver MX but not IE 6? All I want to do is align a nested
    table to the bottom of another table it is in, but it doesn't work on my IE6 but does on my Dreamweaver MX. How can I get around
    this?
    Thanks.
    Laurie

    laurie, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Hi, laurie.

    try this:

    General rule: don't use percentage in heights. It is sort of shaky ground as
    developers of browsers did not agree on what is height=100% means exactly
    (100% percents of what?).

    Andrew Fedoniouk.
    http://blocknote.net

    Andrew Fedoniouk, Aug 15, 2003

  3. laurie

    JT Guest

    "laurie" at wrote in message

    > Does anyone know why this very simple nested table code works in

    Dreamweaver MX but not IE 6? All I want to do is align a nested table to
    the bottom of another table it is in, but it doesn't work on my IE6 but does
    on my Dreamweaver MX. How can I get around this?

    This will work.

    JT, Aug 15, 2003
  4. laurie

    laurie Guest

    Works when I dont use percentages. Thanks!

    laurie, Aug 15, 2003