Why WebService Access Denied

Guest

Most likely Windows 2003 (Not sure about XP SPs; they may do the same). Open
the machine.config file ...

Look for:
<webServices>
<protocols>
<add name="HttpSoap1.2" />
<add name="HttpSoap" />
<!-- <add name="HttpPost" /> -->
<!-- <add name="HttpGet" /> -->
<add name="HttpPostLocalhost" />
<add name="Documentation" />
</protocols>
<soapExtensionTypes>
</soapExtensionTypes>
<soapExtensionReflectorTypes>
</soapExtensionReflectorTypes>
<soapExtensionImporterTypes>
</soapExtensionImporterTypes>
<wsdlHelpGenerator href="DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.aspx" />
<serviceDescriptionFormatExtensionTypes>
</serviceDescriptionFormatExtensionTypes>
</webServices>

And change to:

<webServices>
<protocols>
<add name="HttpSoap1.2" />
<add name="HttpSoap" />
<add name="HttpPost" />
<add name="HttpGet" />
<add name="HttpPostLocalhost" />
<add name="Documentation" />
</protocols>
<soapExtensionTypes>
</soapExtensionTypes>
<soapExtensionReflectorTypes>
</soapExtensionReflectorTypes>
<soapExtensionImporterTypes>
</soapExtensionImporterTypes>
<wsdlHelpGenerator href="DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.aspx" />
<serviceDescriptionFormatExtensionTypes>
</serviceDescriptionFormatExtensionTypes>
</webServices>

NOTE: This is not wise on a production environment that is not externally
exposed to partners. Hiding the web services from non-soap calls leaves the
box harder to poke at. At default setting, a person cannot get the WSDL
through a POST or GET or test the web service. This is the reason the
settings changed for 1.1 under Windows 2003.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

ad

Thanks,
I am using dotNetFramework 2.0
I can't not find the <webServices> in the machine.config of dotNetFramework
2.0, it just in dotNetFramework 1.1

I trid copy the section to the machine.config of dotNetFramework 2.0, the
system ask me to change HttpSoap1.2 to HttpSoap12, and I did, but it also
access denied when access with IP.

Joined
Dec 15, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
If your web service anonymous authentication is

turned off you must enable that

Otherwise you have to pass username and password