why wont this dang thing work...

Guest

hey all,
i'm building my parameterized query and i have this 1 field that doesn't
want to cooperate.

i have this VARBINARY(MAX) field in my sql database. I finally was able to
save information to this field. But now I want to update this field again by
attempting to save a null value over it.

This is what i'm using:
SqlParameter param = new SqlParameter("@" + fldName, DBNull.Value);
parameters.Add(param);

Well, I'm getting an error that says:
"Implicit conversion from data type nvarchar to varbinary is not allowed.
Use the CONVERT function to run this query."

Thanks,
rodchar