why won't this work on server (works locally!)?

Fabian

ConTactMe hu kiteb:
I got this code off of javascriptsource.com, and it works like a charm
locally. I can't get it to work on the server. I need some coffee. I
don't _DRINK_ *coffee*! Can anyone check out the following link, and
tell me why it doesn't work?

Thanks.

http://www.spvision.com/pubimages/DisneySnowGlobe/index.html

Do you have a file called "dis_globe%20(1).jpg"? It seems kind of an odd
filename, and regardless of your local OS, it is entirely possible that
your server has problems serving files with certain characters, such as
spaces or brackets, in them.

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

ConTactMe said:
I got this code off of javascriptsource.com, and it works like a charm
locally. I can't get it to work on the server. I need some coffee. I don't
_DRINK_ *coffee*! Can anyone check out the following link, and tell me why
it doesn't work?

A good bug report includes:
- What you have done
- What you expected to happen
- What really happens
You have failed to provide the last two, so all we can do is look
at the page and wonder what is supposed to happen, and whether our
browser gives the same error as your own.

Since some of us have psychic abilities, we can help you anyway,
but please remember it in the future.

The oracle says: The case of the file names are important to the
server. Your files ends in ".JPG", but the links in ".jpg". Image
not found, error.

(File name case is the leading reason for things working locally, but not
when uploaded).
/L

ConTactMe

Sorry. I'm pretty good at VB, and can determine what's supposed to happen
from that, and forget that not all languages offer the same clarity.

The code is supposed to load an image on page load, and on click of
Next/Previous buttons, should load the next/previous image in an array. It
is working on my local PC, but not online. What it does is display the image
placeholder, but no image - just the proverbial "red-X".

I copied this code from an online example, which I didn't want to name so as
not to cut down anyone else.

Thanks for the feedback. You were exactly correct about the file case being
the mess-up. I hate that, but oh well. Since the server rules, I guess I
gotta play by the server rules.

Thanks so much, once again.