Why would AcquireRequestState fire multiple times?

Guest

I have a 1.1 web application that I recently converted to a 2.0 web
application. I found that the HttpApplication.AcquireRequestState event is
now getting called three times, where it was only called once when this was a
1.1 project. The part of this that is really bad is that only the first call
has a valid Context object. In the subsequent two calls, this property is
null, which causes an exception in my code. Does anyone know what I should
do about this?