Subject: Problems using Instant Rails
Author: juantar

Text of message:
I am using Instant Rails which comes with Rails 1.0, WEBrick 1.3.1 and Ruby
1.8.2 and I ran the WEBrick server and it starts on http://0.0.0.0:3000 and
not http://127.0.0.1:3000. However, when I tried to connect to
http://0.0.0.0:3000 using my browser, a dialog pops up telling me that "the
connection was refused". Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?.

Thank you.

------=_Part_2906_27945677.1134835905319--

Eric Hodel

A guy who was working through my Rolling wit Ruby on Rails tutorial
had this
happen and posted it to the articles comments. I've never seen this
before... does anyone know what could cause this? I copied his post
below.

Curt

Author: juantar

Text of message:
I am using Instant Rails which comes with Rails 1.0, WEBrick 1.3.1
and Ruby
1.8.2 and I ran the WEBrick server and it starts on http://
0.0.0.0:3000 and
not http://127.0.0.1:3000. However, when I tried to connect to
http://0.0.0.0:3000 using my browser, a dialog pops up telling me
that "the
connection was refused". Any suggestions on how to solve this
problem?.

Tell them to disable their firewall.

Curt Hibbs

I've been out all day, but thanks to everyone for all the helpful
answers, and my apologies for the duplicate posts (some problem with
my email).

Curt