    Subject: Problems using Instant Rails
    Author: juantar

    Text of message:
    I am using Instant Rails which comes with Rails 1.0, WEBrick 1.3.1 and Ruby
    1.8.2 and I ran the WEBrick server and it starts on http://0.0.0.0:3000 and
    not http://127.0.0.1:3000. However, when I tried to connect to
    http://0.0.0.0:3000 using my browser, a dialog pops up telling me that "the
    connection was refused". Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?.

    Thank you.

    ------=_Part_2906_27945677.1134835905319--

    Curt Hibbs, Dec 17, 2005

  2. Curt Hibbs

    Eric Hodel Guest

    On Dec 17, 2005, at 9:57 AM, Curt Hibbs wrote:

    > A guy who was working through my Rolling wit Ruby on Rails tutorial
    > had this
    > happen and posted it to the articles comments. I've never seen this
    > before... does anyone know what could cause this? I copied his post
    > below.
    >
    > Curt
    >
    > Subject: Problems using Instant Rails
    > Author: juantar
    >
    > Text of message:
    > I am using Instant Rails which comes with Rails 1.0, WEBrick 1.3.1
    > and Ruby
    > 1.8.2 and I ran the WEBrick server and it starts on http://
    > 0.0.0.0:3000 and
    > not http://127.0.0.1:3000. However, when I tried to connect to
    > http://0.0.0.0:3000 using my browser, a dialog pops up telling me
    > that "the
    > connection was refused". Any suggestions on how to solve this
    > problem?.

    Tell them to disable their firewall.

    --
    Eric Hodel - - http://segment7.net

    http://trackmap.robotcoop.com

    Eric Hodel, Dec 17, 2005

  3. Curt Hibbs

    Curt Hibbs Guest

    I've been out all day, but thanks to everyone for all the helpful
    answers, and my apologies for the duplicate posts (some problem with
    my email).

    Curt

    Curt Hibbs, Dec 18, 2005