  1. thread failed to start: Wide character in subroutine entry...

    What on earth does this error mean? I can't find any reference.

    Cliff.

    Cliff Stanford, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Cliff Stanford <> writes:

    > thread failed to start: Wide character in subroutine entry...
    >
    > What on earth does this error mean? I can't find any reference.

    I don't know that specific error message, but wide characters are
    5.8-ese for Unicode characters > 0xff. For instance, if you try to
    print such a character, you get the error message "Wide character in
    print" (unless you specified it's OK to output UTF-8). See
    perluniintro.

    /Thomas
    --
    Thomas Widmann Bye-bye to BibTeX: join the Bibulus project now!
    <http://www.nongnu.org/bibulus/>

    Thomas M. Widmann, Jul 22, 2003