    Thanks
    Roy
    , Jun 3, 2007

  2. Hi Roy,

    On Jun 3, 8:16 am, wrote:
    > I have a site sitting now onhttp://dev.clipz.net/
    > It has css definitions so it stretches to 100% screen width no matter
    > in what user screen resolution. I need a script that shrinks it to
    > 790px now (and to keep everything else the same)
    > anyone can help?
    > Thanks
    > Roy

    If you want to have a maximum width then you can use the following
    (but not in IE6)

    max-width:790px;

    If you want to use JavaScript to have a maximum width in IE6 then you
    have to start updating the width of the element in the page every time
    the user resizes the window. This is not a fun activity and why css
    designers usually just go with a fixed width or percentage width and
    don't worry about a max width. That is what I would do anyway.

    Peter
    Peter Michaux, Jun 5, 2007