Width of images on target frame

Eustace

I have 2 frames/columns in the document. The 1 frame includes links to
images that target the second frame, for example:

<a target="main" href="1/scan_01.jpg">scan_1</a>

Is there a way to specify that the images width will be that of the
second frame?

emf

Jukka K. Korpela

Eustace said:
I have 2 frames/columns in the document.

How much is a frame divided by a column? What do you _really_ mean by "/" or
by your question as a whole? Is there a URL, and if not, why didn't you
upload your document so that it has a URL?
The 1 frame includes links to
images that target the second frame, for example:

<a target="main" href="1/scan_01.jpg">scan_1</a>

So you open a jpeg image somewhere.
Is there a way to specify that the images width will be that of the
second frame?

Hardly, because the document you open is a jpeg image. You cannot use any
HTML or CSS on it.

What you could do is to have href="1/scan_01.html" and to create (statically
or dynamically) the HTML file so that it contains the jpeg image in some
dimensions.

Then again, why don't you create the image in the desired size in the first
place?

dorayme

I have 2 frames/columns in the document. The 1 frame includes links to
images that target the second frame, for example:

<a target="main" href="1/scan_01.jpg">scan_1</a>

Is there a way to specify that the images width will be that of the
second frame?

Yes, you can make an HTML doc with a bare minimum to specify the image
and have that load. You would make the image the width of the element it
is in, say it is a DIV and you would have no margin or padding on BODY.
You would make the DIV (or the image) the width of the frame it is going
into.

Don't know the width of the latter in advance? Just make the image 100%
wide.

If you give a URL and say what about the rendering you absolutely do not
want changed, I am sure useful suggestions will be made here for you.

Eustace

Yes, you can make an HTML doc with a bare minimum to specify the image
and have that load. You would make the image the width of the element it
is in, say it is a DIV and you would have no margin or padding on BODY.
You would make the DIV (or the image) the width of the frame it is going
into.

Don't know the width of the latter in advance? Just make the image 100%
wide.

If you give a URL and say what about the rendering you absolutely do not
want changed, I am sure useful suggestions will be made here for you.

I know I could make an html and assign whatever width I want to the jpg.
The problem is that this solution is not practical because there are
1725 JPGs. And the webpage is not on the web, at least for now it is
intended to be used from a DVD.

emf

dorayme

I know I could make an html and assign whatever width I want to the jpg.
The problem is that this solution is not practical because there are
1725 JPGs. And the webpage is not on the web, at least for now it is
intended to be used from a DVD.

It is still a bit difficult to know exactly what you are wanting. There
are ways to make boxes shrink fit to content, you do not need to know
the sizes in advance. But I am not quite sure what you are wanting from
your description. A URL of something or other might help, a test one of
your best shot?