    --
    It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation
    http://www.geocities.com/itaintme_babe/itaintme.html

    Eustace, Aug 19, 2009

  2. Eustace wrote:

    > I have 2 frames/columns in the document.

    How much is a frame divided by a column? What do you _really_ mean by "/" or
    by your question as a whole? Is there a URL, and if not, why didn't you
    upload your document so that it has a URL?

    > The 1 frame includes links to
    > images that target the second frame, for example:
    >
    > <a target="main" href="1/scan_01.jpg">scan_1</a>

    So you open a jpeg image somewhere.

    > Is there a way to specify that the images width will be that of the
    > second frame?

    Hardly, because the document you open is a jpeg image. You cannot use any
    HTML or CSS on it.

    What you could do is to have href="1/scan_01.html" and to create (statically
    or dynamically) the HTML file so that it contains the jpeg image in some
    dimensions.

    Then again, why don't you create the image in the desired size in the first
    place?

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 19, 2009

  3. Eustace

    dorayme Guest

    In article <h6ghm5$4im$>, Eustace <> wrote:

    > I have 2 frames/columns in the document. The 1 frame includes links to
    > images that target the second frame, for example:
    >
    > <a target="main" href="1/scan_01.jpg">scan_1</a>
    >
    > Is there a way to specify that the images width will be that of the
    > second frame?

    Yes, you can make an HTML doc with a bare minimum to specify the image
    and have that load. You would make the image the width of the element it
    is in, say it is a DIV and you would have no margin or padding on BODY.
    You would make the DIV (or the image) the width of the frame it is going
    into.

    Don't know the width of the latter in advance? Just make the image 100%
    wide.

    If you give a URL and say what about the rendering you absolutely do not
    want changed, I am sure useful suggestions will be made here for you.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Aug 20, 2009
  4. Eustace

    Eustace Guest

    On 2009-08-19 23:53 dorayme wrote:
    > In article <h6ghm5$4im$>, Eustace <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have 2 frames/columns in the document. The 1 frame includes links to
    >> images that target the second frame, for example:
    >>
    >> <a target="main" href="1/scan_01.jpg">scan_1</a>
    >>
    >> Is there a way to specify that the images width will be that of the
    >> second frame?
    >>

    > Yes, you can make an HTML doc with a bare minimum to specify the image
    > and have that load. You would make the image the width of the element it
    > is in, say it is a DIV and you would have no margin or padding on BODY.
    > You would make the DIV (or the image) the width of the frame it is going
    > into.
    >
    > Don't know the width of the latter in advance? Just make the image 100%
    > wide.
    >
    > If you give a URL and say what about the rendering you absolutely do not
    > want changed, I am sure useful suggestions will be made here for you.

    I know I could make an html and assign whatever width I want to the jpg.
    The problem is that this solution is not practical because there are
    1725 JPGs. And the webpage is not on the web, at least for now it is
    intended to be used from a DVD.

    emf

    Eustace, Aug 21, 2009
  5. Eustace

    dorayme Guest

    In article <h6lu6c$i26$>, Eustace <> wrote:

    > On 2009-08-19 23:53 dorayme wrote:
    > > In article <h6ghm5$4im$>, Eustace <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I have 2 frames/columns in the document. The 1 frame includes links to
    > >> images that target the second frame, for example:
    > >>
    > >> <a target="main" href="1/scan_01.jpg">scan_1</a>
    > >>
    > >> Is there a way to specify that the images width will be that of the
    > >> second frame?
    > >>

    > > Yes, you can make an HTML doc with a bare minimum to specify the image
    > > and have that load. You would make the image the width of the element it
    > > is in, say it is a DIV and you would have no margin or padding on BODY.
    > > You would make the DIV (or the image) the width of the frame it is going
    > > into.
    > >
    > > Don't know the width of the latter in advance? Just make the image 100%
    > > wide.
    > >
    > > If you give a URL and say what about the rendering you absolutely do not
    > > want changed, I am sure useful suggestions will be made here for you.

    > I know I could make an html and assign whatever width I want to the jpg.
    > The problem is that this solution is not practical because there are
    > 1725 JPGs. And the webpage is not on the web, at least for now it is
    > intended to be used from a DVD.

    It is still a bit difficult to know exactly what you are wanting. There
    are ways to make boxes shrink fit to content, you do not need to know
    the sizes in advance. But I am not quite sure what you are wanting from
    your description. A URL of something or other might help, a test one of
    your best shot?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Aug 22, 2009