    I dont want that to happen.
    Please help.
    Huzefa

    huzefa, Jun 30, 2003

  2. huzefa

    Steve Pugh Guest

    (huzefa) wrote:

    >I want to control the width of drop-downs on my page.
    >That is, in case the size of the text is too large then the entire
    >text should only be shown on clicking the combo box.
    >Any one has any idea as to how this can be done.

    Universally, it can't. Some OS/browser combinations use the same width
    for the always visible box and the expanded list. Others will use
    different widths.

    >I tried style="Width:100px" ... this truncates the text beyond the
    >specified width.

    In some browsers it does, in others it does not.

    There's no way of confining the width of the always visible box
    without confining the width of the expanded list in at least some
    browsers.

    Shorten the text in the list or rethink your design so that it is more
    flexible and allows for variously sized select boxes.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Jun 30, 2003