width of text box control in mozilla

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by will eichert, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. will eichert

    will eichert Guest

    I'm new to asp.net, so forgive if this is obvious. I spent some time
    in the doc before posting, fwiw.

    I have a web form page with some web server text box controls. They
    display correctly in IE, but not in Mozilla (1.5). The width parameter
    is ignored. Is there a way to get the width to display correctly in
    Mozilla?

    I've tried the different settings for targetSchema in the document
    class that contains the form, and it didn't seem to make any
    difference.

    One of the controls:
    <asp:textbox id="address" style="LEFT: 24px; POSITION: absolute; TOP:
    280px" runat="server" Width="320px" Height="19px"></asp:textbox>

    To contact me via email, remove the DELETEME in the address.

    Thanks,

    Will

    will eichert, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Hi Will,

    Does it work if you add the width as a style attribute in code?

    Private Sub Page_Load _
    (ByVal sender As System.Object, _
    address.Style.Add("width", "320px")
    End Sub