    scan, with no viruses detected. Has anyone else experienced this in
    ASP.NET?

    Thanks.
    VB Programmer, Apr 21, 2006

  2. I've never seen anything like that. I'm also runing the latest version of
    Norton Internet Security.

    Regards,

    --
    S. Justin Gengo
    Web Developer / Programmer

    Free code library:
    http://www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzsche

    S. Justin Gengo, Apr 21, 2006

  3. re:
    > Is this a message from Microsoft?

    No.

    re:
    > I'm up to date with Norton, have done a full system scan, with no viruses detected.

    Antivirus programs do not detect spy/malware programs

    It's likely you have been infected with malware.

    Download and run Beta 2 of the free "Windows Defender":

    You'll probably find several spy programs running embedded in your system.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 21, 2006
  4. I'd suggest you download yourself a free copy of MS's Windows Defender and
    run that too, especially since it seems your current proggie isn't detecting
    the problem.
    Peter
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Apr 22, 2006
  5. Downloaded it and ran a FULL scan. Found nothing. Full scan with NORTON
    found nothing too.

    This keeps happening. 2 messages mostly:
    1. Your system may be vulnerable to BloodHound Virus! We recommend you
    DOWNLOAD one of these security software programs to prevent malware
    infections...
    2. NOTICE: If your computer has errors in the registery database or file
    system, it could cause unpredictable or erratic behavior, freezes and
    crashes. Fixing these errors can increase your computer's performance and
    prevent data loss. Would you like to install Sysprotect to check your
    computer for free? (Recommended).

    Looks like malware. Any suggestions? This is my dev machine so i'm
    scared....

    Thanks...

    VB Programmer, Apr 23, 2006
  6. SysProtect is classified as a "potentially unwanted program".

    It alleges to be a system repair/maintenance application,
    but requires paid registration before any issues found can be fixed.

    Many of the "invalid" items found appear suspect.
    This has been reported to be distributed in wild via trojan Vundo.

    Other incarnations of this software exist with the same model
    and similar web presences (for example WinFixer).

    http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=139167

    McAfee can remove it :
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/pups/configuration.aspx

    Their home base is :
    http://www.sysprotect.com/

    Do *not* accept their "free scan" or download their software!

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 23, 2006
  7. Very useful info. Thanks!

    VB Programmer, Apr 23, 2006