Wierd form post

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by John Hoge, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. John Hoge

    John Hoge Guest

    I've seen something on my logs that's not supposed to happen:

    pagea.htm has a form with a Select list called country as below:

    <select name='Country' size='1'>
    <option value='USA'>USA</option>
    <option value='Canada'>Canada</option>
    'lots more countries...
    </select>

    Page B has code that references request.form("country"), and assumes
    that this field is nonempty as it is coming from a select list. I saw
    an error caused by an empty string in this country variable. The User
    agent was IE6, and the pages appeared in the correct order in the IIS
    logs. pagea.htm (the page with the form) was requested with a GET
    method about a minute before the POST to pageb.asp, and no intervening
    pages were requested by that IP. I would suspect AOL wierdness, but
    it's not an AOL IP.

    Any clues?

    John Hoge, Apr 5, 2004

  2. John Hoge

    John Hoge Guest

    Brian,

    I must have forgotten to set the first <Option> to <Option Selected>
    In my tests it worked fine, but I guess some browsers behave a bit
    differently.

    Thanks for your help.

    John

    John Hoge, Apr 6, 2004