Wierd .NET / IIS problem

anony

Hi,

I have an HTML pattern matching web service that's been working great. It's
been misbehaving lately, though. On first hit, it works fine. But if you
reload the page, it times-out (System.Net.WebException: The operation has
timed-out.). If I stop the WWW service and restart it, the page work again,
but just for one hit. Thereafter, it continues to timeout. I've ran
aspnet_regiis without success. I can take the same code and run it on
another machine and it works fine, hit after hit. Any clues as to what
could be wrong with my box?

Increasing my timeout doesn't help...

Thanks,
Brian

Trevor Benedict R

Nothing much to start with. Anything in the EventLog. Do you use any COM
Components that can lock the mainthread. After you run the first
instance, see if any new processes are creted and left hanging.

1. Do you have any other web applications running on this site and if so
how do they behave

2. Have you tried to move this Web Service to a new virtual Directory
and try to use it from there. If this works then the application leve
configuration in IIS could be at fault.

If the first one works but not the web service then it is specific to
the web service configuration on this machine as the same works on other
machines. You can also try to delete and recreate the virtual Directory
just to be sure. While you are there make a backup of your IIS metabase.

Regards,

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD