Wierd problem when dserializing array of custom types in response

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Navin Mishra, Dec 11, 2006.

  1. Navin Mishra

    Navin Mishra Guest

    Hi,

    I'm facing wierd problem when deserializing array of custom types in
    response from ASP.NET web service. I'm seeing SOAP response is sent all
    right to client but the client proxy deserializes all fields of custom types
    in array element as null somehow. I tried explicitly giving the namespace
    and type for array elements but that didn't help.

    [XmlArrayAttribute(Form = System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaForm.Unqualified)]

    [XmlArrayItemAttribute(Type = typeof(MyType), Form =
    System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaForm.Qualified, Namespace =
    http://www.mynamespce, IsNullable = true)]

    public MyType[] myArray;

    I do have same type MyType in a different namespace also but when I give
    correct namespace why it should still cause problem ? I couldn't make it
    work try what I may...

    Any ideas what might be going on ?

    Thanks in advance and regards

    Navin