Wikicodia - The code snippets wiki

Wikicodia Admin

Dears,

Wikicodia is a wiki based project for sharing code snippets. We're
collecting large number of code snippets for all code-based
programming languages, scripts, shells and consoles. We wish you could
help us. We're still BETA. Your suggestions, ideas and criticisms are
very welcomed. We're waiting for you contributions. You can easily
share and search our snippet using our Google Desktop Gadget. Share
your C++ snippets to help the world :)

http://www.wikicodia.com

Thanks
Wikicodia Admin

Zeppe

Wikicodia said:
Dears,

Wikicodia is a wiki based project for sharing code snippets. We're
collecting large number of code snippets for all code-based
programming languages, scripts, shells and consoles. We wish you could
help us. We're still BETA. Your suggestions, ideas and criticisms are
very welcomed.

1) you are OT.

2) I can't understand why a lot of people does all the work to set up a
server, buy a domain, build the website to create something that already
exists. I can't understand why should I go to your site to find how to
put a comment in PHP. I think it would so much more useful if you spent
your time in contributing to some project that is already on. For
example, see http://en.literateprograms.org

Regards,

Zeppe

Ming

1) you are OT.
ok

2) I can't understand why a lot of people does all the work to set up a
server, buy a domain, build the website to create something that already
exists. I can't understand why should I go to your site to find how to
put a comment in PHP. I think it would so much more useful if you spent
your time in contributing to some project that is already on. For
example, seehttp://en.literateprograms.org

i don't understand why people still can't get used to different people
doing same but not exactly same things. who cares which comes first?!
its been proved for what, like 30 years? were Apple & MS all supposed
to join this little GUI project xerox was doing back then?

kind of remind me of a line in "piriates of silicon valley" : you
don't get it, that doesn't matter.

Victor Bazarov

Ming said:
i don't understand why people still can't get used to different people
doing same but not exactly same things. who cares which comes first?!

We're used to seeing different people doing the same things. It does
not mean that we agree that it makes sense. When it's an improvement,
sure, go for it. When you got the product and want our opinion of it,
sure, we'll give you one. But when you proclaim to be doing something
allegedly useful (and a knock-off of something that is already in
existence) and then immediately ask for "help", it's just bogus!
its been proved for what, like 30 years? were Apple & MS all supposed
to join this little GUI project xerox was doing back then?

Apple and MS were (and are) doing it *for profit*. Are you saying
that Wikicodia is a for-profit project (it might very well be since
it's a '.com' and not '.org' domain and their "about" page is littered
by Ads by Google)? If so, what do I get in return for contributing
to it? If it's "a warm fuzzy feeling for having helped", then sorry,
I got just barely enough time to be a contributor here. I am fairly
certain that many regulars here feel similarly (and to suggest that
we "don't get it" is to offend).
kind of remind me of a line in "piriates of silicon valley" : you
don't get it, that doesn't matter.

Huh? What don't we get?

Ming

We're used to seeing different people doing the same things. It does
not mean that we agree that it makes sense. When it's an improvement,
sure, go for it. When you got the product and want our opinion of it,
sure, we'll give you one. But when you proclaim to be doing something
allegedly useful (and a knock-off of something that is already in
existence) and then immediately ask for "help", it's just bogus!

1) they are developing a gadget for desktop use. that is already an
improvement, no matter how premature it might be

2) if it doesn't make sense to someone, he can very much just NOT help
instead of telling them how worthless it is. after all, they have
something out there and they are not trying to spam this group by
pushing their stuff in your face again and again.

3) its already off topic, i'll just stop here.

JohnQ

Wikicodia Admin said:
Dears,

Wikicodia is a wiki based project for sharing code snippets. We're
collecting large number of code snippets for all code-based
programming languages, scripts, shells and consoles. We wish you could
help us. We're still BETA. Your suggestions, ideas and criticisms are
very welcomed. We're waiting for you contributions. You can easily
share and search our snippet using our Google Desktop Gadget. Share
your C++ snippets to help the world :)

http://www.wikicodia.com

I suggest to you, that the way to do such a thing is to be an acknowledged
leader in C++ to which other developers would gravitate. Doing it for the
money is, well, lame. I'll go out on a limb and suggest that you are
"pushing peoples' buttons" here with either your greed or your stupidity.
So, are you stupid, or just greedy?

John

Zeppe

Ming said:
2) if it doesn't make sense to someone, he can very much just NOT help
instead of telling them how worthless it is. after all, they have
something out there and they are not trying to spam this group by
pushing their stuff in your face again and again.

You asked for criticisms and suggestions, didn't you? My criticism is
that it's a waste of time and it's not useful, and my suggestion is to
spend your time in producing original contributions for the services
that are already there (which is more difficult than putting on-line
another already-made wiki skeleton). Think to what the people may find
useful. It's useful in your opinion to have a website with some snippets
like "how to do a for in c++"? I can find thousands of better resources
just typing "for c++" on google...
3) its already off topic, i'll just stop here.

ok.

Regards,

Zeppe

Diego Martins

Dears,

Wikicodia is a wiki based project for sharing code snippets. We're
collecting large number of code snippets for all code-based
programming languages, scripts, shells and consoles. We wish you could
help us. We're still BETA. Your suggestions, ideas and criticisms are
very welcomed. We're waiting for you contributions. You can easily
share and search our snippet using our Google Desktop Gadget. Share
your C++ snippets to help the world :)

http://www.wikicodia.com

Thanks
Wikicodia Admin

It is just a silly wiki full of newbie coding

Awful.