wikipedia with python

zelegolas

Let me know if it's the right place to ask.

I'm looking for wiki writen with python where I can import all
wikipedia site.
If you have any links please let me know.

Thanks

Martin

Does this help:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MoinMoin

--
http://www.xing.com/profile/Martin_Marcher
http://www.linkedin.com/in/martinmarcher

You are not free to read this message,
by doing so, you have violated my licence
and are required to urinate publicly. Thank you.

Andre Engels

Let me know if it's the right place to ask.

I'm looking for wiki writen with python where I can import all
wikipedia site.
If you have any links please let me know.

I don't think that's possible. If you wnat to import Wikipedia in a
wiki, it will probably have to be MediaWiki - and that's written in
PHP.

What do you want to use the material for?

ZeLegolas

I don't think that's possible. If you wnat to import Wikipedia in a
wiki, it will probably have to be MediaWiki - and that's written in
PHP.

What do you want to use the material for?

Well sorry I was not clear. I have a wiki running with mediawiki and I want
to import in a wiki written with python.

Andre Engels

Well sorry I was not clear. I have a wiki running with mediawiki and I want
to import in a wiki written with python.

I don't think it will work, but you could try using the Special:Export page..

ZeLegolas

I don't think it will work, but you could try using the Special:Export
page.

Thanks I will try. :)
I don't choose the wiki base on python yet.
Do you know one similar to mediawiki or what is the best wiki that you
know?

garabik-news-2005-05

Andre Engels said:
I don't think that's possible. If you wnat to import Wikipedia in a
wiki, it will probably have to be MediaWiki - and that's written in
PHP.

MoinMoin has a MediaWiki format parser (or two). Not 100% compatible, but
good enough for some purposes. Templates will be a problem, though.

| Radovan Garabík http://kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk/~garabik/ |
| __..--^^^--..__ garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk |

Tim Harig

Well sorry I was not clear. I have a wiki running with mediawiki and I want
to import in a wiki written with python.

To clarify, check one:

[ ] A. You already have mediawiki wiki running on a web server; but, you
would prefer to have your wiki power by Python.

[ ] B. You already have mediawiki running on a web server and you have
another wiki powered by Python; and, you would like to take the
information from the python powered wiki and copy it to the
mediawiki.

[ ] C. You already have mediawiki running on a web server and you would
also like to use the functionality of a wiki which is written in
Python. Somehow, you would like to somehow access some of the
Python's functionality and use it from inside of mediawiki.
Perhaps making them work side by side.

[ ] D. You already have mediawiki running on a webserver; but, you would
like to get data from another mediawiki server that you don't have
direct database access to; so, you would like to write a script in
Python to scrape the data off of the other mediawiki's website.

[ ] E. You already have a wiki running in python on a webserver and you
would like to import data from another wiki that is powered by
mediawiki. You might or might not have direct access to the
database used by the wikimedia server. You would like a Python
script to convert/scrap the data.

[ ] F. Other

Andre Engels

[ ] D. You already have mediawiki running on a webserver; but, you would
       like to get data from another mediawiki server that you don't have
       direct database access to; so, you would like to write a script in
       Python to scrape the data off of the other mediawiki's website.

In case D (and more general, to anyone who wants to do something to a
Mediawiki wiki using Python), you can use the Python Wikipediabot
Framework, http://pywikipediabot.sourceforge.net/

Lie Ryan

ZeLegolas said:
Well sorry I was not clear. I have a wiki running with mediawiki and I want
to import in a wiki written with python.

Is there anything insufficient in mediawiki, that you think could be
satisfied with a python-based wiki? MediaWiki is one of the best wiki
software around, so any features not found in MediaWiki or its plugins
isn't likely to be available in another wiki (unless "written in a
language I know" is considered a feature).